Anzeige von diego201

Forum

7 posts

How to write a permission?

26.07.2013 um 23:29

Hey there!

I got a donation for one of my fonts for commercial use. The donor now want a written permission.
Honestly I never thought of that and I have no idea how to write this.

Is it enough to write a letter in business style and write that I give that person permission to use the font for commercial purpose? Do I have to say that the permission isn't transferable or something like that?

Please help me, thank you

26.07.2013 um 23:37

I've got so far

"I, (Name), hereby give permission for (Name), to use my font (Name) for commercial purpose for a donation of 10$."

Is this ok?

27.07.2013 um 10:08

Byjanam, there is no need to make it very formal or legal. As long as there can be no doubt that you have received a donation and that you grant permission for use as described in the reason for donating.

Dear (Full Name),

Thank you for your interest in my font (FontName) and your US $10.00 donation for the use for (Description of Use).
You now have my permission to use the (FontName) for this purpose. This permission, however, is not a transfer of copyright and does not imply a right to transfer your right of use.

I wish you success with the use of the (FontName).

Kind Regards.
(Your FullName)

27.07.2013 um 12:39

PS: Be nice to the cats

27.07.2013 um 19:04

31.01.2014 um 01:15

The donor now want a written permission.

31.01.2014 um 12:13

If you want something formal, you can try to inspire you with publishing licenses, simplifying it.
It's aesy to find some templates on Internet (sorry, I know adresses only in french).

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 04:57

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt