Anzeige von FinType.Std

Forum

6 posts

If a font says its free do I have to give credit?

17.04.2011 um 03:37

I'm a Flash game developer and I want some cool fonts. Some of the fonts I downloaded say they're free and there are no notes included. It's fine to use them for commercial purposes and without credit I assume? Thanks

17.04.2011 um 08:37

When it is for commercial use, as is in your case, always first contact the designer.

Note: It is impossible to give you a clear answer as long as you don't tell which fonts you are thinking of. Cool maybe cool but is also fuzzy.

17.04.2011 um 17:23

http://www.dafont.com/squaretype-b.font

That is the font I'm thinking of. I would honestly think that it would be fine for commercial use, he says it's free, not just free for personal use, and he doesn't say anywhere I have to give credit :P

17.04.2011 um 21:22

Again, if you want to use it commercially, ask first. Is this really so difficult to understand? Send a PM, send an email, ask first.

18.04.2011 um 09:15

free means free. no readme, no website, no additional informations. Just post a PM as suggested, it is the legal minimum search.
Anyway, giving credits is always cool. You're using the artwork that someone gives you for free, a little thank you in the credits won't cost you a leg

25.05.2011 um 06:34

Exactly, even though it says no credit is required, you know the person who provided the resource to you would still appreciate if you did credit them, as vinz said, "credits is always cool".

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 23:01

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt