Anúncio de Miss Tiina

Fórum

5 posts

How to tell if fonts match

18/05/2017 às 11:53

I have two pictures of a word. Looking at it the fonts don't seem to match. Particularity the letter O. This is for a court case I am involved in and I think the other side might be trying to pull something. How can I determine if the two fonts match? When I put them side by side they don't seem to. Need to know for sure though so I can figure out my next step. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

18/05/2017 às 14:43

Drop the 2 into 2 layers in photoshop or similar image editing app and set the transparency of the top layer to 50% or lower so you can see through it to the layer below. Scale the top layer to match the bottom and you should be able to see the differences and or similarities. It's often better to colour one of the layers so you can more accurately spot a match or not.

18/05/2017 às 14:56

I read your answer 4 times and I really have no idea what that means. Is there something more tuned to stupid people doing this? Thank you.

19/05/2017 às 13:47

JT -

Pilaster is trying to show you if you put the two words in different colors - and then place one on top of the other you may find the differences between the two fonts used.

However, if you have the two fonts, you should "outline" the type and see where all the points are. When someone steals a font, they don't necessarily change those points - showing proof positive it was stolen. You can do this in a font program like Fontographer, FontLab, etc. or in Adobe Illustrator.

19/05/2017 às 14:47

I downloaded photoshop and looked at trying to figure out how to do what he suggested and gave up. I appreciate the suggestions but it is way over my head.

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 17:19

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato