Anúncio de Otto Maurer

Fórum

8 posts

Southern Shades Logo

10/04/2015 às 09:48

Hi there,

my customer asking me to reproduce their logo, but I can't find the font they are using. I only got a crappy .png and tried on Identifont, whatsmyfont and all that but it really doesn't work. After I tried the usual dafont list showing all variant and internet etc. Can;t find it... I'm even starting to wonder if it is a custom made font... Apparently it has been something like 20 years they have that logo, but no-one have the original file. Anyway I thought I'ld give a go at asking if anyone have an idea? The S looks like a Garamond but then the T don't really match.

Thank you so much for your help, it would save me having to redraw the font from scratch.

Cheers,
Celine.

Southern Shades Logo

Fontes sugeridas

Sabon Roman  Sugerida por conman1985 
Classical Garamond  Sugerida por conman1985 
Castellar  Sugerida por Menhir 

10/04/2015 às 10:11

It look like Castellar. It's not exactly the same (more expanded) but it's close.
Fonte sugerida: Castellar

10/04/2015 às 10:24

Thanks for your answer yep it is the closest option I've seen all day so far. I leave it on for the week-end, and check on Monday again.

10/04/2015 às 18:11

Sabon Roman is very close but I've had no luck finding an inline/engraved version.

You will need to tweak the width of some of the letters individually.

Fonte sugerida: Sabon Roman

Editado 2 vezes. Última edição em 10/04/2015 às 18:49 por conman1985

10/04/2015 às 18:59

Or the Bitstream version Classical Garamond.
Fonte sugerida: Classical Garamond

11/04/2015 às 21:15

I tend to agree on the Classical Garamond but have never seen a handtooled version. This may very well have been made for the job. When it is only for the logotype it can be restored though.

13/04/2015 às 02:57

Thanks to you all! That classical Garamond seems to be perfect and I really have the feeling that the outline version of it has been design for the logo only.
I was comparing the Sabon Roman and Classical Garamond font, I have the feeling they are exactly the same... Checked the A, R, Q, G, S and M. Then i realised they habe been designed by the same person: Claude Garamond.

Thanks again

13/04/2015 às 04:47

Hey everyone thought you might like this link. After more search I find this guy that's looking for a inline serif font. Anyway the list that he ruled his logo might have my font in it
http://typophile.com/node/54722

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 05:01

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato