Anúncio de BLKBK

Fórum

5 posts

1 font, 4 forms, help please!

16/04/2014 às 18:44

I downloaded the Mensch font that has regular, bold, inline, and thin, but when I go to use the fonts, all it shows is "Mensch." I don't know how to get thin or inline (bold is obvious how to use). Anyone know why the others don't show??

16/04/2014 às 21:26

The (black) magic of open type. Only the three or four programs that can handle otf fonts properly can work with different faces of a font where all faces have the same family name. So, to be able to use the Mensch you must or buy Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator and QuarkExpress which will set you back several thousand dollar or find cracked versions in the jungle out there or modify the font's family names so that the rest of the programs will see the faces as different fonts.

Mensch!

17/04/2014 às 10:27

What software are you using ?

17/04/2014 às 14:40

I guess the easiest way to use the Thin or Inline styles would be to install only the style you want to use. When you select the font by name in a text editing app, , the style you want will be the only choice available under the Family name.

17/04/2014 às 17:35

From Windows 3 through Vista there was the (undocumented) feature (in fact a bug) that opening the font in Windows Lettertype viewer caused the font to temporarily install. So opening and closing would make the different faces accessible. As from 7 that possibility has gone. Or not? InstallTempFont from Tramontána comes to the rescue

Todos os horários são CEST. Agora são 06:50

Política de Privacidade  -  Contato