Pubblicità di BrawType

Forum

13 posts

Windows is using the file??

18/08/2011 alle 01:41

Okay so, I keep installing different fonts, but whenever either copy and paste, Drag it in, or go to file>install font, it keeps saying "The ______.ttf is currently being used and cannot be replaced. Wait until Windows is done using the file, and try again." And I keep try but it keeps saying the same thing. Please help D:!!!!

18/08/2011 alle 02:55

Is the file open in font viewer or windows explorer?

18/08/2011 alle 02:58

notfon1234 ha detto  
Is the file open in font viewer or windows explorer?

No thats why im so confused

18/08/2011 alle 03:18

Try restarting the computer, then try installing again.

18/08/2011 alle 09:08

notfon1234 ha detto  
Try restarting the computer, then try installing again.

Didnt work... Thanks for trying. Anything you can suggest is worth a try.

18/08/2011 alle 10:08

Can you explain why you carefully avoid telling what font you are talking about?

18/08/2011 alle 19:54

koeiekat ha detto  
Can you explain why you carefully avoid telling what font you are talking about?

I downloaded a bunch so that if the problem resolved as a example one of them was yummah strawberries most of them were handwritten but some weren't, I tried all the ones that I downloaded, same message ):

19/08/2011 alle 09:31

Can you tell us, literally step by step, what you do after you have clicked the download link and the download window opens?

20/08/2011 alle 03:38

koeiekat ha detto  
Can you tell us, literally step by step, what you do after you have clicked the download link and the download window opens?

Okay so I went to the folder that it saved it, then on the side clicked "extract all files" then I told it to saved the extracted file to the harddrive (c:/) Then I went to fonts folder and did file install new fonts, I went to the folder that I saved it in and said ok then it would come up with the message saying "Windows is using the file" n crap.

20/08/2011 alle 04:02

Try saving to your desktop and then double clicking the font file and clicking install. What OS/Version of windows are you using? (vista, 7, XP, etc.) Thay all can install fonts different ways.

20/08/2011 alle 06:00

notfon1234 ha detto  
Try saving to your desktop and then double clicking the font file and clicking install. What OS/Version of windows are you using? (vista, 7, XP, etc.) Thay all can install fonts different ways.

Windows XP @notfon1234

20/08/2011 alle 06:14

From the "Start" menu select "Control Panel" and then select the "Appearance and Themes" category.
Select "Fonts" from the "See Also" panel at the left of this screen.
On the "File" menu, select "Install New Font..."
Click the drive and folder that contain the fonts you want to add.
To select more than one font to add, press and hold down the CTRL key, click the fonts you want, then click on "OK"

So this is what you are doing when trying to install the font?

24/04/2012 alle 15:29

I am getting the same problem and I have tried all your suggestions.. I completely closed Explorer and every open tab on my desktop, downloaded the file to my desktop and I've tried the Appearance and theams install... I still get this error message.

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 04:30

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti