Pubblicità di Leonardposavec

Forum

13 posts

Suggestions needed for FREE commercial use fonts (see image)

17/07/2014 alle 17:10

I am looking to find some free commercial use fonts that contain similar characters
like those in this screenshot. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Modificato su 17/07/2014 alle 17:43 da koeiekat

17/07/2014 alle 17:44

Why must it be for free? Do you also work for free?

17/07/2014 alle 18:18

I am asking for a member of my font group and she has specified she needs free commercial use font suggestions like the one I show in my original request.

koeiekat, maybe she can't afford to purchase a commercial use font right at the moment. Ever thought of that?

17/07/2014 alle 20:22

17/07/2014 alle 20:31

Derika, try looking though the Dingbats -> Shapes Theme, here at DaFont: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=710. There are a lot of free or free for personal use fonts with these sorts of decorative elements, often referred to as flourishes or fleurons.

17/07/2014 alle 20:34

She wants free for commercial use Owl. Whatever happened with wisdom?

18/07/2014 alle 08:09

You just aren't as fluent in North American vaguespeak as I am, kat. I think Derika just wants some ornaments that can be downloaded for free, but her syntax is imprecise, hence confusion is caused among those to whom North American English is not their first language.

Modificato su 18/07/2014 alle 11:07 da metaphasebrothel

18/07/2014 alle 09:22

free commercial use fonts
UNQUOTE

can only be interpreted as a font that does not have to be paid for and may be used for commercial purposes.

So the friend of Derika wants to make some money (which is perfectly OK) but does not want others to do so. Etsy ...

18/07/2014 alle 11:23

She may also have meant free for commercial use fonts. Derika was asking about this on behalf of a friend, who 'maybe ... can't afford to purchase a commercial use font right at the moment.' That doesn't necessarily mean that Derika's friend wants to use flourishes from a commercial font, without purchasing a license. It does mean that she would like to have some fleuron fonts that can be downloaded for free. You may be correct, but you are not necessarily correct. I just don't you to have to use the head banging smiley again, when one of your pontifications has been proven false.

Modificato su 18/07/2014 alle 11:25 da metaphasebrothel

18/07/2014 alle 12:02

18/07/2014 alle 12:44

metaphasebrothel ha detto  
... It does mean that she would like to have some fleuron fonts that can be downloaded for free. ...

What happened to commercial

18/07/2014 alle 16:26

metaphasebrothel ha detto  
She may also have meant free for commercial use fonts. Derika was asking about this on behalf of a friend, who 'maybe ... can't afford to purchase a commercial use font right at the moment.' That doesn't necessarily mean that Derika's friend wants to use flourishes from a commercial font, without purchasing a license.

Exactly what I meant, but failed to include the "for" in my request. My friend designs book covers for authors and of course, most of these books are to be sold hence the need for a commercial use font. In her cover designs she is trying not to use a font over and over again on all her covers so she was trying to find some free FOR commercial use fonts that she could add to her library of fonts. Sorry that this language barrier has caused this thread so much confusion koeiekat. I usually try to be as explicit as I can in my requests, but failed horribly. I was able to locate my friend a dingbat font that will work for her needs. http://www.nymfont.com/2009/08/nymphette-font.html

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and I have even bookmarked a few for myself.

Derika

Modificato su 18/07/2014 alle 16:29 da Derika

19/07/2014 alle 22:17

Uuuuhhh Bobby?

Fuso orario: CEST. Ora sono le 00:11

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti