Pubblicità di ghazihumamfauzan

Forum

13 posts

ARIAN Font

04/06/2011 alle 23:12

Hi, I'm looking for a very close font to the ARIAN font that I can dowmload for free if anyone can help?

Thanks

04/06/2011 alle 23:51

Arabic script ?

04/06/2011 alle 23:59

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/searchresults.htm?kid=arian

This one is the one I'm after getting as close as possible too, thanks.

23/07/2011 alle 17:41

Hi Dave,

I think it is calld ariapenciroman Regular. It is listed as arian font. You can download it at:
http://www.dafont.com/ariapenciroman.font. It is free.

Diane

DAVE-IV ha detto  
ARIAN Font

Hi, I'm looking for a very close font to the ARIAN font that I can dowmload for free if anyone can help?

Thanks

Modificato su 23/07/2011 alle 21:25 da Rodolphe

23/07/2011 alle 19:14

Thanks Diane, but it's not the same as I'm after.

24/07/2011 alle 03:10

What you're looking for is a free version of a copyrighted licensed font, right? IE, you want to pirate a professional font and are looking to the fonting community to do that.

Why do we keep getting these guys?

24/07/2011 alle 09:12

Jaynz ha detto  
What you're looking for is a free version of a copyrighted licensed font, right? IE, you want to pirate a professional font and are looking to the fonting community to do that.

Why do we keep getting these guys?

Thanks for your help and advice....NOT
If I wanted to pirate a font I would look on a torrent site, I am looking for a similar font I can download...and yes for free. I'm sure you are proud that you have paid for every font you have downloaded.

Enjoy your day and I'll keep searching........oh and the reason you keep getting these guys to your site (?) is it's a forum!!

24/07/2011 alle 10:52

Jaynz, Dave never asked for a free Arian download. Asked for something (very) similar be it for free. Little wrong with that question imho.

Dave, the Arian is in fact the Eurostile with an Arabic character set added. And, yes, filthy expensive per face. There is another Eurostile lookalike with an Arabic character set, the Aban. Also expensive at $95 per face.
I have not found any Eurostyle based font with Arabic character set. In fact an Arabic SansSerif seems to be a rarity as Latin and Arabic scripts have fundamentally different approaches to typefaces.
I found one though, an old WSI Arabic script the Arabic Sans

Not very close but maybe it will do.

edited for typo - kk

Modificato su 24/07/2011 alle 14:37 da koeiekat

24/07/2011 alle 11:31

Thank you Koeiekat,
Your understanding is much appreciated....let me explain what I'm after this for. I want to use the Arian type font for the English Characters, Like this http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/searchresults.htm?kid=arian

Thanks Again for your help and advice.

Dave

24/07/2011 alle 13:47

But then you don't need the Arian. Any Eurostile/Microgramma/Microsquare/Microstyle/Microstile/etc. or lookalike will do.

24/07/2011 alle 20:53

DAVE-IV ha detto  
If I wanted to pirate a font I would look on a torrent site, I am looking for a similar font I can download...and yes for free. I'm sure you are proud that you have paid for every font you have downloaded.

Or I make them myself... a lot of my fonts were made either so I could a) customize them myself, or b) a version that I had seen was charging an obscene amount of money for the typeface. Since ALL of my fonts are freeware, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to obliquely accuse me of, except to try to say "Yeah, I pirate some fonts, and I know you do too!" ... except for, of course, the fact that I DON'T.

Also, if you're looking for a Eurostile clone, there are a few on this site. "Probert" is one that I made, though it's primarily meant to match the text of various Star Trek technical manuals made in the 1980s. There are some minor differences, accordingly.

Modificato su 24/07/2011 alle 20:54 da Jaynz

24/07/2011 alle 21:35

Jaynz ha detto  
DAVE-IV ha detto  

Or I make them myself... a lot of my fonts were made either so I could a) customize them myself, or b) a version that I had seen was charging an obscene amount of money for the typeface. Since ALL of my fonts are freeware, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to obliquely accuse me of, except to try to say "Yeah, I pirate some fonts, and I know you do too!" ... except for, of course, the fact that I DON'T.

Also, if you're looking for a Eurostile clone, there are a few on this site. "Probert" is one that I made, though it's primarily meant to match the text of various Star Trek technical manuals made in the 1980s. There are some minor differences, accordingly.

Ok Jaynz let me make myself perfectly clear....I have not come on this site to make enemies, I came on here to ask advice. Yes I am looking for freeware, if this is seen as pirating then yes I am guilty. I do not have the talent or knowledge to make or customise fonts myself, and congratulate you on having this skill. I have looked at your 'Probert' but require lower case text as well, but thank you for the information. My search will continue.
If I have offended you by making my original request then I apologise, I am looking for a similar font as stated as a freeware and will not pirate other peoples work that they make a charge for.
I hope this clarifies my situation.

24/07/2011 alle 22:40

Ah, yeah, I haven't added lowercase to Probert yet. I should get to that sometime, but I'm still finishing up the updates to the Transformers-related fonts and I'm not entirely sure which flavor of lower-case I want to make happen for it. :S

I took your original request the wrong way, and for that I apologize. This site DOES get a lot of 'I want a free version of X' requests which are thinly-veiled attempts to get pirated fonts. The best way to ask for what you're wanting, though, is to say "I'm looking for a clone of Arian (Eurostile) which includes lower-case glyphs". As it was, I took it (erroneously) to mean that you were looking for Arian, for free.

Fuso orario: CET. Ora sono le 18:06

Privacy Policy  -  Contatti