Pub de aluas

Forum

49 posts

Posts par Ikos

I guess what i need to do is create another set using only the central sections and then type in white and apply a black stroke.

Forgive me if im mistaken, maybe its just not possible and im a little confused. My apologies if that's the case.

I'm just looking at some other fonts in Photoshop and trying them on a black background and they are indeed as you suggest just black without a white fill.

Maybe its just my misconceptions about what is possible

Édité 2 fois. Dernière édition le 09/09/2012 à 17:27 par Ikos

drf_ a dit  
Hum, if I understand well, you want to automatically fill letters with white while the contour is black ? As far as I know, that's not possible...

Thank you for giving it some thought. I have many fonts with a black outline and a white fill so i feel it must be possible.

The search continues. Many thanks again.

claudeserieux a dit  
Select the contour and make 'parellel contour'.

Now i just have....

If we can make that central fill white we have a winner. Thanks for your continued help.

Not sure this will give you any more information than you all ready have but as requested....

claudeserieux a dit  
Screenshot of the glyph window in Fontlab

Ok will do.

Hey Claude, thank you for the idea. I just tried it but it seems to have just filled the gaps in black

Close but no cigar. Thank you though.

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Here's what i currently have....

Here's what im trying to achieve....

So what im looking to do is simply fill the black outline with a white interior.

09/09/2012 à 14:48  [post initial]  Outline/Filled Font Creation Help please

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well. This is my first post, im here to ask for your help. I have created a font using the following process....

1: Initial design in Photoshop to carve out the basic structure of the letters.

2: Opened each letter individually in ScanFont and saved them as a vfb file.

3: Imported each vfb letter file individually into FontLab and placed them in the corresponding field.

4: Generated font and exported as TrueType font file. All good so far!

However, upon testing the font in Photoshop its become apparent that the font is just a black outline and the interiors of the font (Which i was hoping to be white) were absent.

The font im working on is structurally similar to this example - http://www.dafont.com/wide-awake.font - Black outline, white fill is what im trying to achieve.

I have searched high and low and cant figure out what im doing wrong. Would any of you good people be kind enough to guide a budding typographer please?

I'm looking forward to getting it finished and submitting my first ever font to Dafont.

Many thanks in advance.

Ikos

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 20:16

Données personnelles  -  Contact