BobCad-Cam
Vectric
MasterCam
Illustrator
Photoshop
InDesign
Word
Excel

I wonder if someone has tried using these fonts on one of the above programs?

Shab

17/02/2011 à 17:12  [réponse]  Single Line Font

OK, folks, I appreciate all the answers given to me although none solved my problem.

From all the answers I conclude that it is impossible to create a True Type Font comprised of a single line and that if such fonts exist, they are proprietary to software that drives machines like CNC and the like.

One reply says that the reason it is impossible to create single line TTF is because a TTF must be a closed shape. I still don't understand what that means and why it is so, but I will accept it as a given and won't probe into it any deeper. Just to clarify, I know what a closed loop means in vector design, I just don't understand why this doesn't work.

Be it as it may, I thank you all and feel that this topic has been exhausted completely and there is nothing more to add.

Shab

17/02/2011 à 09:09  [réponse]  Single Line Font

I never said CAD/CAM is compatible with TTF, in fact, I have no interest in CNC fonts, the only reason I mentioned the this is to say that I am interested in fonts that resemble those that CNC machines can do BUT that are TTF. Now, I understand that it is not easy, or maybe even possible to create TTF with single stroke lines, but I am interested to know why? What makes TTF fonts different than single line font?

Shab

17/02/2011 à 02:19  [réponse]  Single Line Font

The first line of my original question says: "I am using a pen plotter and need a true type font that creates a single line"

So now you are asking me if my CNC uses the G-Code? Why do you think I am using a CNC machine in the first place?

I appreciate your interest in helping, but you are going off on a tangent with an escape velocity which is useless for me.

Thanks for your valiant efforts to show that you know something.

Shab

17/02/2011 à 01:14  [réponse]  Single Line Font

I don't see how your example is helpful. I have already mentioned above that CNC machines can do that but these are not TTF, they use proprietary software to those machines. The specific example you mention is not a solution to what I am looking for.

Thanks for the effort anyway.

Shab

16/02/2011 à 23:05  [post initial]  Single Line Font

I am using a pen plotter and need a true type font that creates a single line. Currently the plotter draws the outlines of the fonts. I know that there is such a thing which is used in CNC and laser cutting machines, but these fonts are proprietary and come with the software that operates such machines. I am looking for TTF that I can download to my font folder and use it with any plotter in which the drawing or other tool determines the characteristics of the font, not the software.

I know that there are fonts called "Monoline" but it is impossible for me know if they actually work as I described above.

Thanks for any help.

Shab

Fuseau horaire : CET. Il est actuellement 13:06

Données personnelles  -  Contact