Forum

183 posts    Polices identifiées

Posts par Jaynz

14/02/2012 à 07:42  [réponse]  DELETE my font PLIS

Then, wouldn't it be easier to just replace it with a newer version? I update my fonts all the time.

13/02/2012 à 23:50  [réponse]  DELETE my font PLIS

Was it a bad version or something?

30/01/2012 à 19:40  [réponse]  futuristic fixed width

Looks like they require a commercial license, but have effectively folded their business operations. You'll have to find a clone, unfortunately. :(

26/01/2012 à 06:42  [réponse]  4EDings Conflict

Permissions from WOTC, at least on my end, were given out when I put the font on WOTC's forums. That's not an issue in this case, fortunately.

25/01/2012 à 21:52  [réponse]  4EDings Conflict

Not quite. I printed out the PDF and remade the glyphs by hand. I didn't (at the time) have any utilties for taking glyphs or fonts from PDFs. (On the downside, it's also why I had to revise the font a few times. The early versions weren't exactly great quality.)

25/01/2012 à 16:11  [post initial]  4EDings Conflict

Not sure what the best advice is for this, but here goes...

A few years back there was a preliminary set of PDF manuals for the then-upcoming Dungeons and Dragons 4E game. I had quickly made a font of the special characters from those PDFs and made it available for free online as a courtesy to other Dungeons and Dragons players. Apparently, someone else did as well.

Recently I had gone ahead and put the font up on here as part of my 'update the hell out of everything' run. The font has added some new glyphs based on other games and has had some tweaking and cleaning over the years. Now, my 'competition' is openly and publically accusing me of theft of his font, based on nothing more than that the glyphs are similar to the ones he lifted from WOTC's PDF in the first place.

I've told him that his attorney is free to contact me, or that I would gladly contact his attorney, but I would really like to not have to come to www.dafont.com just to deal with his libel. Is there anything that can be done about this?

18/08/2011 à 15:45  [réponse]  Relentless Energy Drink Suggestion?

If you really want some help, CFerry, then post an image in 'font identification'. That's why it's there.

09/08/2011 à 03:31  [réponse]  Anyone else having trouble?

What happens when you try to open the archive without extracting it?

08/08/2011 à 16:48  [réponse]  Sheld rake JNL donation

Oh, so you're going to go to a forum where font-makers hang out and display their works, and openly ask how to rip them off because you're too cheap to spend $25 -and- too lazy to look for a suitable freeware clone. Got it.

08/08/2011 à 16:41  [réponse]  Sheld rake JNL donation

You want someone to buy you a $25.00 license because you're too cheap to do it yourself, or maybe find you an illegal copy? Damn, where do I sign up?!

08/08/2011 à 05:20  [réponse]  Font software

A... social aspect?

Meaning that Open Type fonts do not group into families in the way that True Type fonts do. Taht's why you see all the variations in the drop list.

05/08/2011 à 01:36  [réponse]  Help! I can't do this. :(

You have a virus.

03/08/2011 à 19:36  [réponse]  Number sizes in Scala Sans caps

Going to agree with Judgemental Kat here. Looking at your three examples, the first one is the most readable of them. Long runs of nearly-identical spacing and height gets very hard on the eyes very quickly. All-caps should be no more than three or four words in a title or header, and even then there are probably better ways to highlight your text.

You're using SOMETHING to show your calculations and prose to the class? If it's just a web-page you should seriously consider using a CSS script for this purpose. At this point, though, I've given all the advice that I can.

01/08/2011 à 20:59  [réponse]  Free For personal use and Gaia

Sorry, I just wanted to indicate that money did not have to change hands. That's something MANY people don't understand. "So long as it's free, I'm not violating copyright!" And we both know that's completely untrue.

Do yourself a favor and get used to the formatting tools on any major word processor/document editor. You can select an area as 'equation' from then map that to whatever font or style you'll need from then on. (So if you find, say, you want to make the equations larger, or in a new color, you can simply change the style rather on the fly). The approach you're taking, in all honesty, will probably backfire on you in the long run.

01/08/2011 à 20:38  [réponse]  Free For personal use and Gaia

What Koeiekat is trying to say that "Commercial Use" means WHENEVER you're providing work for someone else, regardless if you're requesting or receiving payment. Since you're engaged in a commercial activity for someone else (IE, you're providing them a service with these fonts), you've broken out of 'personal use'.

Each font should have a license, but if you're making something for other people, the font will generally need to be explicitly 'Free'.

Honestly, and forgive me if I'm seeing obtuse here, but why aren't you just using two fonts? Since you are seeming to seperate them out between your prose and equations, wouldn't that be the most logical option?

30/07/2011 à 04:11  [réponse]  Free For personal use and Gaia

Depends on the font. For anything from me, yes, you can do that - though I would love for you to hit my paypal tip jar.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 18:07

Données personnelles  -  Contact