Pub de jooki

Forum

Posts par metaphasebrothel

passionstitch, start by reading the essays in the FAQ section: http://www.dafont.com/faq.php#create.

Next, go to http://www.high-logic.com/font-editor/fontcreator/download.html to download the trial version of FontCreator. I believe this trial version is fully functional for 30 days. I use ScanFont 3 to make my dingbats, and I consider it to be a superior program, but it won't work with your Windows 8, (it's from the 1990's, is no longer sold by FontLab, and it doesn't work with Windows operating systems more recent than XP).

The images that you create will need to be monochromatic, (ie pure black and white). You can do this with MS Paint by opening the images you've created in Corel Draw, and saving them as monochrome bitmap file type, (.tiff might work, as well). You could probably create monochrome bitmaps with Corel Draw - check the 'Save As' options.

I believe that the installation of FontCreator also creates the user's manual in the program files directory.

Good luck!

~bobistheowl

29/04/2014 à 16:01  [réponse]  Can't make pdf or eps file!

@lucywill:

To make a .pdf with a font that has restrictive embedding, try copy/pasting the glyphs you want to use from the Character Map application to MS Word;

1) Install font.

2) Open character map, (C;\Windows\system32\charmap.exe or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map).

3) Select font in character map.

4) Double-click each glyph you want to use in the .pdf, to add it to the clipboard.

5)Select from the clipboard, and click the copy button.

6) Open MS Word.

7) Paste glyphs from character map to Word.

8) Select the pasted glyphs, and change the point size, (they will probably copy from the character map at 10.5 - 14.5 points size; you'll likely want them to be larger).

9) Save As -> .pdf.

~bobistheowl

27/04/2014 à 17:48  [réponse]  My font being stoled alot

I think you should concern yourself with making a good font, before you worry about lost revenue from fly by night sites. The two you've submitted here so far really bite the dog's ass.

Handicap accessible: Use the lower case w from Martin Vogel's Symbols: http://www.dafont.com/martin-vogels-symb.font

ellenelle a dit  
Wow, the moral authority has spoken...

Don't take it personally, ellenelle. That's how he flirts.

Édité le 24/04/2014 à 00:44 par metaphasebrothel

Someone would probably help you with this, if you posted this in the Font Identification forum, with an image of the text in use.

@Blessings2all: Please read post #5 in this recent forum thread: http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/160350/please-help-with-kr-floral-color-me-2.

I don't know if Mac computers have a character map application in Accessories/ Utilities, but you could create your embedded document on a PC, if necessary.

~bobistheowl

I guess the easiest way to use the Thin or Inline styles would be to install only the style you want to use. When you select the font by name in a text editing app, , the style you want will be the only choice available under the Family name.

Janet Golden a dit  
...KR Floral Color Me 2 is a free font on this site. I don't understand why it would be made free and not embeddable...

Janet Golden, KR Floral Color Me 2 is not a free font. It's Free for Personal Use. Every font hosted on DaFont is free to download, install, and view in a word processing application. Whatever else you can do with it for free is dependent on the embedding settings used by the designer, and the terms of the licensing agreement, also determined by the font's author.

Restricting a user's ability to embed a font in a word processing document or .pdf is a common feature in FFPU fonts.

I had no problems making a .pdf from this font without altering the embedding settings. I'm using Windows XP, so you may not be able to do this with your Mac, but you may be able to do something similar. This is what I did:

1) Install font.

2) Open MS Word.

3) Open Character Map. In Windows, Character Map, (charmap.exe), is in C:\Windows\system32, with a shortcut in Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools.

4) Select desired glyphs in Character Map.

5) Copy selected glyphs; paste into MS Word, (they were at 14.5 point size).

6) Select glyphs in MS Word; select desired point size.

7) Save As -> .pdf.

~bobistheowl

02/04/2014 à 13:51  [réponse]  Whitney Semibold

This is what it looks like:

Édité le 02/04/2014 à 13:53 par metaphasebrothel

ariel-jones, do the following:

1) Open your font with your font editor, and select the Font Info dialog box.

2) Change the name of the font using the Names tab - you'll probably have to do this four times, once each for the Family Name, Font Name, Full Name, and Menu Name fields. Click the Apply button when you've done this.

3) In the Verification and Identification tab, click the Recalculate button next to the information for 'True Type Identification Record'. Click the OK button to confirm the change and to close the dialog box.

4) Save the font file.

5) Generate a new font.

6) Resubmit your font, with the new name, in a .zip file. In the notes area, type: Note to webmaster: This submission replaces the font named XXXX, submitted on XXXX, (substitute the name and date for the XXXX).

~bobistheowl

30/03/2014 à 00:51  [réponse]  Making fonts

datusername, you'll need to make your images monochrome, (ie: just black and white), before you can import them into a font editor. Your photographs probably contain many colours, You can use photoshop to turn your colour images to black and white before importing them into your font editor, but that's only the first step - those imported images will be rough around the edges; you'll need to smooth them out, or your font will look like shit.

25/03/2014 à 04:14  [réponse]  Wall Street Insanity

Thanks, Lancon, I would give you a green on the ID, but I leave that to other forum mods whose recognition skills exceed mine.

25/03/2014 à 00:25  [post initial]  Wall Street Insanity

If more than one font is in use, it's the S and R that interest me.

Thanks!

~bito

24/03/2014 à 04:53  [réponse]  Downloading

koeiekat a dit  
Then why didn't it say so?

It would have taken more than the forty-eight characters allowed by Twitter.

23/03/2014 à 21:01  [réponse]  Downloading

Court.311 a dit  
Downloading

Why can't I down load dafont on my Mini iPad©®™? 😢

I think he meant 'Why can't I download from DaFont onto my Mini iPad©®™. I think he just wants some fonts, not the whole site.

cshaugh a dit  
How to remove and save for restoration Windows 8 default fonts?

Windows 8 allows you to hide fonts, but they are never hidden in the font list in the office products. (Best I can tell.) The only way to remove them from the list is to delete them from the font folder. I would like to remove(read: delete) all those that I never anticipate using, BUT I would like to have a method of restoring them if I figure out later that I need them. I know that I can do a full system restore to a date prior to my deleting the fonts, but that comes with lots of unwanted baggage.

Is there some means of "moving" the font files I want "deleted" to another folder so that they do not appear in the office products? Or is there some other means of deleting them completely and getting them back later if needed?

Chuck

Chuck, this is what I would do, using Windows XP - the procedure should be the same, or similar, with Windows 8:

Open Windows Search, and search for files and folders. Do not put any information in the file name field, but specify the search location as C:\Windows\Fonts. Click the Search Button. The results will show you all of your installed fonts. You could select/ copy/ paste all of them to a different folder, and then you can delete some installed fonts, knowing that you could reinstall them later.

If you try to cut, copy, or rename an installed font, it will become corrupted.

@Leaky: You've partially misunderstood me. I use ScanFont 3, which is no longer sold by FontLab. It's a 1990's era stand-alone font editor that only works with Windows XP and earlier operating systems. The $99 ScanFont 5 is a completely different animal; it's a plug-in for FontLab's Studio5 product.

I have ScanFont 3, Font Creator 5, and Studio5 installed on my computer. I use Studio 5 for a few routine tasks. I don't use Font Creator. I use ScanFont 3 all the time. I am not a professional font designer.

Despite what koeiekat says, professional font designers are likely to use Studio5. It has the most features, and is the most expensive. I think the kat and I define "professional" differently. If a busker makes a few bucks playing songs on a street corner, and they are otherwise unemployed, one might argue that they are a 'professional musician'. I wouldn't.

Very good semi-pro fonts can be made with applications other than Studio5. You can also get a pretty good haircut with a pair of scissors purchased at Dollarama.

If you've never made a font before, both you and your client are going to be disappointed by the results. Are you prepared to create both an upper and lower case alphabet, numbers, symbols, etc., from your imagination, and have them scale properly at fifty different sizes? You're much better off buying a commercial license for an existing font.

If you want someone to do custom lettering, you should look at Keith Morris' work: http://www.keithmorris.com.au/. He might tell you what Campbell's Soup paid for the custom font he made for them.

~bobistheowl

FontAddict a dit  
in short bunch o' retards staff and members alike. oh frenchmen too much font and it will kill your brains. lol

We won't be hearing from this troll for at least ten days.

koeiekat a dit  
metaphasebrothel a dit  
No one makes professional fonts with FontCreator. ...

A bold statement for someone who only uses non-professional software and never even has tried to work with Font Creator.

I use ScanFont 3, from FontLab. There's nothing non-professional about it. When it was sold by FontLab, it cost approximately $500, when FontLab's Studio5 cost about $650. I also have working copies of FontCreator and Studio5, but I find ScanFont 3 to be superior for most tasks. I only use Studio5 for certain tasks, such as adjusting vertical metrics, or generating Open Type fonts.

I did try out FontCreator 5 a couple of times. It can do many of the same tasks as ScanFont 3, but not as well. FontCreator CAN open an Open Type font, which ScanFont 3 can't do, but I can do that with Studio5, or convert the .otf to .ttf. ScanFont 3 has some really amazing editing features. Unfortunately for most people, it only works with Windows, and only with XP operating system or earlier, so Vista, 7 and 8 users are SOL.

If you were to poll Commercial font designers, I doubt any of them use Font Creator, and none of them use ScanFont 3, either.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 18:29

Données personnelles  -  Contact