Forum

Posts par metaphasebrothel

koeiekat a dit  (voir le post)
Gill Sans appears to be Umbra.

According to The Electronic Type Catalog by Steve Byers, (1991, Bantam Books) ISBN 0-553-35446-9, page 603, Umbra was designed by Robert Hunter Middleton in 1932, described as "A three-dimensional display type with no lowercase, designed for Ludlow. The face is essentially a version of the same designer's Ludlow Tempo sanserif letterform with a perspective shadow, (hence its name). The design is of the ingenious kind that suggests the letterform by means of its shadow without actually defining it by a complete outline.".

The Umbra font was first marketed by Bitstream in 1990, and revised until at least 1999, and Gill Sans Light Shadowed was copyrighted in 1993, at least for the Adobe version. The typeface itself is called Umbra, so it would logically follow that the first foundry to release a digital version would call dibs on the name.

The lack of the lower case alphabet wasn't just lazy designer: Middleton's Umbra was all caps. The lower case alphabet appears to be unique to the Gill.

I chose the ampersand as a random glyph to compare Umbra and Gill Sans Light Shadowed. Umbra looks a lot more professional, technically. The Gill looks more like if one was intentionally trying to create a faux bold weight:

Thanks, I have Gill Sans Light Shadow. On quick glance, it appears to be Umbra, with a lower case alphabet. There also seems to be a Jeff Levine knockoff.

28/08/2014 à 12:58  [post initial]  3D and Shadow font suggestions?

What are some of the better 3D and Shadow fonts? I like Umbra:

and Landmark Shadow:

and, to a lesser extent, Gill Sans Std Shadowed:

What fonts are similar to these?

Thanks,

~bito

Try right-clicking on the font file, instead of double-clicking.Double-click opens. Right-click gives you an options menu.

22/08/2014 à 17:38  [réponse]  marie claire

Cyril Hanouna a dit  (voir le post)
Je connais pas la police, mais la fille ressemble à Enora en plus moche.

C'est lui, le gars nous avons plaisanté sur le forum des mods!

22/08/2014 à 04:22  [réponse]  How long?

Jaynz a dit  (voir le post)
And, not really. Tourists, Hollywood, and the internet are NOT good measures of what Americans are like. You see the most spoiled and entitled of us and they're presented as representative of EVERYONE here.

But it could be a lot worse. Could be Spain.

I don't think Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is broadcast in The Netherlands.

22/08/2014 à 00:12  [réponse]  Nothings working

What the hell is a reed, apart from the Reed Elsevier publishing house wise owl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony#Verbal_irony. The italic formatting must have gone over your head.

21/08/2014 à 22:39  [réponse]  Nothings working

Duh, the guy want to put fonts on his phone for text messaging. Can't you guys reed?

20/08/2014 à 00:21  [réponse]  How long?

It is what one delivers in the other 41 weeks, including weekends and being available 80 hours a week ...

jenmaton, could you post one or more images, preferably in .png file type, showing a sample of a capital letter, a lower case letter, a number, and a symbol? What is the file type of your vectors? This would help some designers in determining if they would like to do this, and if the software they use would allow them to do it. If at least one image is a screen capture of a vector you've created, someone could gauge how long the job would take.

drf a dit  (voir le post)
Just out of curiosity, what kind of error/problem can you get with "Contours with unknown (or incorrect) direction"?

Youthful errors, if you're not wearing protection.

This sounds like a no-brainer, but did you try to send e-mail to Daniel at both the account shown in his profile, and the one in the contact information on his blogspot page, (on the right hand side, about mid page?). That one's more likely to be in current use.

As if the pre installed fonts change much from one Windows OS to the next...

jbroman22 a dit  (voir le post)
Looking for the font Copperplate

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the font Copperplate is available on dafont.com. I have searched for it with no luck. If anyone knows of where I could find the font or a similar font to Copperplate please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

JB

Did you check in your operating system? There are two weights in the XP standard fonts.

12/08/2014 à 02:41  [réponse]  Worst font ever?

GeronimoFonts a dit  (voir le post)
http://www.dafont.com/gaelleing.d4323
How about these?

Dissing 100% Free fonts isn't cool, son. Maybe you should stick with the garbage fonts that have a licensing fee for commercial use, but aren't worth the disk space that the .zips fill.

Édité le 12/08/2014 à 02:43 par metaphasebrothel

sterlingfink a dit  (voir le post)
metaphasebrothel: I want to contact them so that I can donate because this font is listed as donationware, and also to get in writing that they are really OK with me making money off their font. koeiekat: I have no idea what you are talking about...

Good Bye Lullaby is not Donationware. Donationware means that you have to pay for commercial use, but the user determines the amount. This font is 100% Free, with the option of making a donation to the author.

koeiekat is suggesting that SBA Factory doesn't actually design the fonts they release, they 'borrow' from other designers.

Why would you need to contact them? The font is 100% Free. Just use it, and perform a random act of kindness for a stranger, like the designer did for you.

31/07/2014 à 08:27  [réponse]  Commercial Use Fonts

1) Click the link near the tom, upper left, for Themes.

2) Click on the link for the category you want to browse.

3) Near the top of the page, far right, beside the Submit button, is a link named More Options. Click it.

4) Put check marks in the boxes for 'Public Domain/ GPL' and '100 Free' The displayed results will show the fonts that you can use without having to pay for a commercial use license.

21/07/2014 à 22:08  [réponse]  Share A Coke Font

Looks like the work of Keith Morris: http://www.keithmorris.com.au/

19/07/2014 à 11:37  [réponse]  I need this font please!

Police identifiée : Impact Label

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 05:45

Pub de Ikos
Données personnelles  -  Contact