Pub de marzhal

Forum

23 posts

Why is the font SO SMALL when I try to use it??

06/11/2012 à 15:34

I downloaded a handwriting font and it shows up in my Microsoft Word font drop-down list. When I select it and begin to type, it types it sooooo small that I have to change the font size to 36 just to read it! What have I done wrong?

06/11/2012 à 16:17

8Kids4us a dit  
Why is the font SO SMALL when I try to use it??

THE font...

06/11/2012 à 16:17

i8kids2

Édité le 06/11/2012 à 16:19 par marty666

06/11/2012 à 16:18

06/11/2012 à 16:19

06/11/2012 à 16:21

What else could it be but THE font?

06/11/2012 à 17:45

I was hoping for a bit more insight other than people just repeating the words "the font". Admittedly I am a novice and don't have all of your keen insight into the font universe, so enlighten me please. Why is it that Microsoft Word has a list of fonts that all seem to adhere to standard sizes and each of them remain somewhat consistent when upsizing and downsizing. But when I use the one and only font I have ever downloaded from this site, it is in no relationship to the others in size? Is that going to be true for all fonts I attempt to download from here? Is that why these fonts are free? Are they just poorly designed fonts by amateurs and not worth the time to download them? Is there a better website for getting a decent handwriting font that is compatible with the various programs that utilize them?
I would appreciate some genuine assistance please.

06/11/2012 à 17:48

Still, we don't what "the" font is... If you want an answer that is accurate, you have to give all the information in the question.

06/11/2012 à 18:21

Useless Fred, it is not capable of understanding that it has to give the name ...

06/11/2012 à 18:23

Jellyka - Estrya's Handwriting

06/11/2012 à 18:28

The lower case is so small because the font is designed like that. Capitals have a more regular size.

07/11/2012 à 10:00

Please save us the speech. Tons of people arrive here saying "THE" font, as we can read minds.
There are 138 pages of handwritting fonts (probably the most prolific) and from ONE font that doesn't suit your needs you assume they are all shitty? have you ever tried another one, at least? And in these approx. 1380 fonts there is not one single font that fits ?

07/11/2012 à 12:48

Vinz, "save us the speech"? What kind of arrogant ass are you? Oh wait, I see you are french- nevermind. It all makes sense now. It was a simple question about a font you dick. A little advice from a wealthy executive in a prominent international corporation- it's a small world and its never a good idea to be an asshole to people who may be the source of your next job. And after looking at the horrific work you do at Reticula (I've seen children do better art design) you should be as kind as you can to everyone you meet because work will always be far between for you.
This is just a website with free fonts kiddo. No validation for any arrogance here. You aren't smarter than the rest of us just because you can draw!
Get over yourself and just answer people's questions or don't. Nobody cares one way or the other. You are nothing more than a username on a free website- hardly grounds for ego. Dumbass.

07/11/2012 à 13:04

If 8Kids4us, you had formulated you first post correctly you would have got the answer right away. But you didn't, did you? You mumbled something about a font. We consider that pretty stupid. For how the hell can we figure-out what the hell you are talking about. Then we give you some hints that THE font is not enough info and what do you do? You repeat yourself. Now if that doesn't make you just stupid but also a retarded idiot, what does?
And then you dare to blame others for that stupidity. Do the world a favor. Get back in your cave, lock the fence and throw the key away.

07/11/2012 à 13:57

KoeieKat, So not naming the font justifies a bunch of pot smoking font creators attacking anyone who dares enter this site? Has this place always been so amateur? Don't ANY of you ever want to earn a successful living? Because attacking every outsider who wanders in it is a very bad business move. Speaking of bad business move- have any of you looked at the six fonts KoeieKat claims to have created? They are ALL stolen from existing fonts. He is a fraud. But that seems to be common in Spain.
I'm guessing KoeieKat is between the ages of 14 and 17. Am I right?
Of course he uses a winking cat for an avatar so I suppose he could actually be a girl...?

07/11/2012 à 14:28

8Kids4us a dit  
KoeieKat, So not naming the font justifies a bunch of pot smoking font creators attacking anyone who dares enter this site? Has this place always been so amateur? Don't ANY of you ever want to earn a successful living? Because attacking every outsider who wanders in it is a very bad business move. ...

You still don't seem to be capable to understand that if you don't say what you are talking about, no-one will ever understand you.

8Kids4us a dit  
... Speaking of bad business move- have any of you looked at the six fonts KoeieKat claims to have created? They are ALL stolen from existing fonts. He is a fraud. ...

Not stolen sweetface. If you can manage to look into the font(s) properties you will notice that for these digital revivals always credit is given to the original designer.

8Kids4us a dit  
... But that seems to be common in Spain. ...

Yep. But rumor has it that that is also the case in Florida.

8Kids4us a dit  
... I'm guessing KoeieKat is between the ages of 14 and 17. Am I right?

Nope.

8Kids4us a dit  
... Of course he uses a winking cat for an avatar so I suppose he could actually be a girl...?

BooBs!

07/11/2012 à 15:37

Am I the one being arrogant here? Come on, tell us who you are? what have you done so great to be such a smart ass? who is this "wealthy executive in a prominent international corporation" dickhead?

07/11/2012 à 16:03

Thing is vinz, "If You THINK You Can!" But that, of course, is only true if Romney and Troy Dunn had done so.

About him? He is a mor(m)on who although he can not properly formulate a question thinks he is great:
QUOTE TD
Troy Dunn is a self-made millionaire. He is a successful businessman and public speaker, radio host, and writer on the subject of financial success and personal happiness. For his business venture dedicated to reuniting separated friends and family, Troy was considered for more than a decade one of the most frequently seen guest experts on national television. After thirteen years of building and running that company, Troy sold it for undisclosed millions, freeing him to focus on his passion for assisting other organizations. He now consults four corporate clients a year in motivating their own management teams in leadership, overcoming obstacles, team-building, and guerrilla marketing and in major media manipulation, strategy, and results. Troy married his high-school sweetheart, Jennifer, and together they are raising seven beautiful children.
UNQUOTE

Apparently an old quote as now he has eight, so also not very good in laying knots ...

Édité 3 fois. Dernière édition le 07/11/2012 à 17:53 par koeiekat

08/11/2012 à 08:59

Ooohh a famous douchebag! well, Florida-famous. You're just the American Jacques Pradel to me...
You are an obnoxious and condescending prick... Oh wait, I see you are american- nevermind. It all makes sense now. (see, I can make generalities too!). Getting on your high horses just because you got a little teased, and you talk us about ego? You named your children by giving them the same initials as yours or your wife… What kind of ego-centric maniac does that?
Well, i think I understand now. You are the millionnaire. I'm just a part of the crawling fuckshit under your feet. Sorry master if I offended you. And I feel really bad you don’t like my designs, I think I will never sleep again.
Now get lost, Locator.

Édité le 09/11/2012 à 14:29 par vinz

08/11/2012 à 18:12

vinz a dit  
... And I feel really bad you don’t like my designs, I think I will never sleep again. ...

Should not worry too much. The websites for his small businesses are based on standard - free - templates. On which sites, btw, he carefully avoids to tell that all his businesses, active or inactive, are run from his home address.

Fuseau horaire : CET. Il est actuellement 07:15

Données personnelles  -  Contact