Pub de Televo13

Forum

40 posts

Fonts not 'installing'

02/08/2012 à 23:36

Thanks, but i have tried that. When you try to unzip it, it says there is nothing there. When you try to "open" it, it says the file is corrupted or invalid.

03/08/2012 à 09:26

Just wondering, did you try in another web browser ?

03/08/2012 à 11:00

and, which unzipper are you using?

15/08/2013 à 22:19

how do you extract a font and what does that mean also my problems on the iPad©®™

15/08/2013 à 22:24

16/08/2013 à 01:39

A bad connection can screw up a CRC on any file, so you just get a corrupted ZIP file (as in, it's a garbage file that happens to have the ZIP extension). It'll create the file, name it, and then screw it up, even if it's tiny.

14/09/2014 à 19:10

I am trying to DL a font but it only saves as a zip and i'm not computer savvy enough to know what everyone means but "just unzip it" or "extract .ttf file", etc. I've downloaded fonts before and they worked but this one is only .zip form. Can someone explain it a little better for me, please? Thanks!

14/09/2014 à 20:01

fwillis, what does it say at the opening page of this forum about installation problems?

Read the
FAQ!!

Think you can do that?

14/09/2014 à 20:06

15/09/2014 à 00:14

Thanks ASSHOLE! Obviously reading the FAQ is the first thing I did and it didn't help @koeiekat, you're a real treat!!! Did you respond to everyone else in this forum like that?? NO bc it's a forum on how to get help with install problems, thanks again!

15/09/2014 à 00:43

It is obvious little fwillis that you can not read and are incapable of following links. That is OK. But as a six years old you probably should not go on the internet without your mom and dad helping you and - more important - protecting you.

Have your mom and dad read the fucking FAQ and try to help you to understand what is a zip. I have serious doubts however that this may leads to any results in the coming twenty years.

mumble

15/09/2014 à 06:09

fwillis0928 a dit  
...Did you respond to everyone else in this forum like that??...

Actually, yes, he does.

fwillis0928, if you bought a pickle at a barber shop, you could reach in the barrel, grab a pickle, and bite. If you bought a jar of pickles in a grocery store, you would need to open the lid, before you could eat one. If you were going to travel to another place by airplane, you may wish to carry only one suitcase. To put as many things as possible in the suitcase, you might sit on it, before closing the latches.

A .zip file is packaging. It allows more than one file to be packaged together into one download, and also decreases the size of the contents, thus allowing for a faster download for you, and decreasing the amount of upload bandwidth used by DaFont, and the amount of download bandwidth used by yourself.

All downloads from DaFont are contained in .zip files. You need to open the .zip files to get the fonts out. You then need to install the fonts on your computer, to be able to use them. How the fonts are extracted from the .zip file, and how they are installed on your computer, depends on what kind of computer you're using, and the operating system installed on that computer.

The information displayed in your post says that you have a MAC computer, with OS X operating system. According to the instructions in FAQ, ("Frequently Asked Questions"; click on the FAQ link near the top of every page on DaFont, then click on the topic question, to move to the appropriate section of the answers):

"How to install a font under Mac OS?"

Mac OS X recognizes TrueType and OpenType fonts (.ttf and .otf) but not the PC bitmap fonts (.fon).
Files are compressed, you may need an utility like Stuffit Expander.

Under any version of Mac OS X:
Put the files into /Library/Fonts (for all users),
or into /Users/Your_username/Library/Fonts (for you only).

Stuffit Expander is shown as a link. Click on those words, (in the FAQ section, not in my reply here!), to obtain more information.

You need to extract the fonts from the .zip files before putting the .ttf or .otf files in /Library/Fonts. Do not put a file folder, read me document, license document, or graphics files in /Library/Fonts. You may want to read or look at those files, but they are not to be installed.

If you are computer savvy enough to read, understand, and apply these instructions, you should have no problem using most of the fonts available on DaFont. This is what koeiekat suggested, in letters large enough to read on the smallest phone.

If you are unable to do so, ask someone else to read the instructions, and show you what to do. No one here can explain the procedure in simpler terms than as shown in the FAQ, and as quoted, four paragraphs up.

15/09/2014 à 08:39

fwillis0928 a dit  
Did you respond to everyone else in this forum like that??

The "funniest" thing is that he doesn't only do this here. Just google "koeiekat" for hours of fun (and potential ulcer) about how smart and superior he is, and how the rest of us sucks. It is sad to see it didn't change in almost 10 years...

15/09/2014 à 16:55

drf a dit  
fwillis0928 a dit  
Did you respond to everyone else in this forum like that??

The "funniest" thing is that he doesn't only do this here. Just google "koeiekat" for hours of fun (and potential ulcer) about how smart and superior he is, and how the rest of us sucks. It is sad to see it didn't change in almost 10 years...

It's a pity that he is unable to apply that knowledge towards making fonts that are visually appealing.

15/09/2014 à 17:18

To whom?

15/09/2014 à 20:42

Thanks for the guidance- I guess I could have explained my issue a little more and not been ridiculed so much. I have DLed many fonts from dafont successfully but my comp won't open a particular zip so i can add the ttf to my fontbook. Silly me for not knowing all the textbook terms and asking a question and therefore embarrassing myself. I will just ask a savvy friend next time- Thanks again...

21/06/2016 à 02:24

Thanks so much for all your posts! I was having the same trouble and getting frustrated. fwillis, if you hadn't asked there would have been 100 other people stressing over the same issue that had such an easy solution. Thanks for your question, and thanks to metaphase and koeiekat for sharing your knowledge!!!

26/03/2017 à 17:25

koeiekat a dit  
fwillis, what does it say at the opening page of this forum about installation problems?

Read the
FAQ!!

Think you can do that?

Koeiekat- Please no need to intimidate readers who need help! We all appreciate you help even if the question has been ask a Million times. Technology isn't for everyone. Let's be patient to the new comers to the world of Technology. Thank you oh so very much. BLESS YOU

05/05/2017 à 17:44

Hi, i've had the same problem with font installation, Haze font to be more speciffic. I have downloaded it from various places and always have had this pop up window ‘Haze.otf bla bla Does not appear to be a valid font bla nla bla’. I've tried to use online font converter, log as a administrator, disable Windows firewall, drag and drop directly into Windows-Fonts folder. All those solutions failed in my case. BUT finaly i've managed to install it by open it into Font Forge app and change to ttf file.

26/12/2018 à 16:04

Does this work when using Alan apple tablet?? I cannot get it to open.
Thanks

Fuseau horaire : CET. Il est actuellement 09:57

Données personnelles  -  Contact