Pub de hgblakeman

Forum

11 posts

"Time to Unwind" font

04/05/2012 à 22:57

Need ID on the type of font used for the title lettering of Werner Muller's album, "Time to Unwind". I believe that the lettering came from a font, due to the uniformity of the "T"s and "n"s.

"Time to Unwind" font

Police suggérée

Hairspray Bold  Suggérée par SashiX 

05/05/2012 à 05:41

slightly modified maybe? (alternative "w"?)
Police suggérée : Hairspray Bold

05/05/2012 à 05:51

I disagree -- the suggested font not only is different (note the "w" here and in the Hairspray font), but it has a curvy alignment, while the example here is straight.

05/05/2012 à 05:52

Also, the font in my example dates back from the early-1960s, and "Hairspray" was created in 2001.

05/05/2012 à 09:32

At least it's pretty similar, so if not exact match comes, you'll still have something to start with

But you might have answered your question by saying "early 1960s", because then it might not be a font.

05/05/2012 à 16:09

Looks like a typeface to me. Probably never digitized but used by Christian Schwartz to make the Hairspray Blonde Brunette and Redhead series.

05/05/2012 à 16:18

That's what I meant actually, but I couldn't find the appropriate words

05/05/2012 à 20:07

azumanga1 a dit  
Also, the font in my example dates back from the early-1960s, and "Hairspray" was created in 2001.

Did I said it was exact or something?
First and good thing would be to say "Thanks for suggestion", instead of starting saying that and in that tone.
Second, that "also" note in your second message should be include in "Subject" or "Message" when you're creating a new topic, so people will not post fonts unnecessary (like me).

Édité le 05/05/2012 à 20:09 par SashiX

05/05/2012 à 20:29

@SashiX
And how right you are! But then, realize that the OP is one of those USA kids that enjoy exposing their lack of education. I looked at this thread for hours, wondering how to respond, the claws or factual and in the end decided for the latter.
If the OP had taken the trouble to also look at the extras it might have noticed that the dancing can be avoided. Then that 'w' which can easily be replaced by Twinkle Star (Rob Leuschke) half size, with some stroke added.
Then condense the whole thing and it would have been so close that you, me and a few others would notice the difference but not kids like the OP.

Have fun Alex ... and ... be nice to the cats

Édité le 05/05/2012 à 20:40 par koeiekat

05/05/2012 à 20:35

I beg your pardon? I am NOT an ignorant person -- I was just pointing out the differences between the typeface in my example and the font being offered. I apologise if I seem to be rude or stuffy, but give me some slack, okay? Don't beat me up just because I said the wrong things. Please -- no more comments outside the task at hand; otherwise, I'll ask the admins to close this thread. Thank you.

05/05/2012 à 20:37

I will not close this thread.

Fuseau horaire : CET. Il est actuellement 05:02

Données personnelles  -  Contact