Pub de typopey

Forum

4 posts

Is there a semi-decent font browsing tool out there?

05/04/2012 à 21:22

I'm trying to find font browsing software that gives me previews of every single font on a drive (or folder). Not just ones installed, not just TTF or OTF, but everything. Something simple, nice, clean, and can scan my entire disk and show me live previews for TTF, OTF, PS, etc.

A lot of the font browsing tools I see available only show what you've got installed and don't seem to support PostScript or certain fonts with a variety of weights. Others require you to navigate into folders before you see anything, which sort of defeats the purpose (like Adobe Type Manager, which was an utter POS).

Does this exist? Because I cannot seem to find one. I don't care if it's free or not, but I can't imagine something like this hasn't been developed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.

06/04/2012 à 00:17

Main Type will do that.

06/04/2012 à 04:42

I tried MainType not too long ago, but for some reason it doesn't support network locations, which is absolutely silly.

06/04/2012 à 09:18

You didn't ask for a font manager that can scan an entire network, did you

SPANQ a dit  
... I'm trying to find font browsing software that gives me previews of every single font on a drive (or folder). Not just ones installed, not just TTF or OTF, but everything. Something simple, nice, clean, and can scan my entire disk and show me live previews for TTF, OTF, PS, etc. ...

Fuseau horaire : CET. Il est actuellement 22:31

Données personnelles  -  Contact