Forum

6 posts

Script cut off at bottom

19/04/2016 à 04:19

Hi, I downloaded the Romantic Script by Emily and the bottom of the y's and p's etc are being cut off. I did find from a previous discussion page that this could be due to the ascender and decender not set correctly but I couldn't understand from the discussion how to fix.
I'm just wanted to use the font on publisher. I'm not highly technical on how to fix fonts so easy explanations please.

19/04/2016 à 10:00

qikvic a dit  
I downloaded the Romantic Script by Emily

I can't find this font on DaFont...

19/04/2016 à 10:12

It's a font I purchased elsewhere but they don't have a discussion forum on their site. I have been in contact with the owner who has been very helpful checking and trying different ways to work out why I can't see the full font but with no luck yet.

19/04/2016 à 19:13

from
https://creativemarket.com/emilyspadoni/610334-Romantic-Script-Intro-Price!

"Sandra Labsch
Purchased

Love this font, Emily! Thank you. Unfortunately as well as the otf as the ttf version is cut of on the bottom. Can you improve this, please? Kind regards from Germany, Sandra

Emily Spadoni
Shop Owner

@Sandra Labsch Thank you for your purchase. Some of the loops do drop well below the baseline, programs like word (is it?) will sometimes cut things off. Just simply increase the paragraph space."

Don't know if it helps any.

19/04/2016 à 20:53

Hi thanks for that. She sent me the same thing and has been so lovely trying to help but even a massive increase in spacing doesn't work. I did install illustrator and it works on that. Just shame I have no experience with illustrator. :(

22/04/2016 à 05:17

Tell her to set the values of WinAscent and WinDescent to the upper and lower limits of the bbox. This will solve the clipping problems in Windows (except Adobe programs) and Microsoft programs in other platforms. Easy to do but she has to do this.

One outcome of this is that the line height will also increase. You solve one problem and create another. Which one would you rather have is your choice.

As you mentioned, the font works perfectly in Illustrator and other Adobe programs as well. It will also work fine in a Mac. The easiest route then is to use an Adobe program in Windows or get a Mac and don't use MS Office or other MS programs.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 18:20

Données personnelles  -  Contact