Forum

4 posts

My fonts on other sites

27/08/2011 à 16:38

so i have seen my fonts cropping up on other sites - just wondering what i can do about it

27/08/2011 à 17:40

My fonts show up on other sites too. I don't care about it much but if you don't want your fonts popping up on other sites then contact the webmaster (there should be a "Contact" page of the website) and then asked to have your fonts removed.

31/08/2011 à 19:26

Those other sites leech new content of Dafont and Fontspace. One site, fonts2u, got my font (Linyat Bilog) within 24 hours after I uploaded it to Fontspace. I went to their site and used their form mail (did not find an email address) to request for them to remove all my fonts from their site. Did it several times on different days. Have not received a reply -- not even a go to hell reply.

What I did is get even. See the description field in my two Le Pochoir fonts. The content of description is displayed on the font's page at fonts2u.

BTW Lettre dans... and Le Pochoir were created primarily to test whether fonts2u will honor a font creator's conditions. Test failed on both instances. But got even with Le Pochoir, in a way.

It is this reason why I am not uploading many of my fonts to Dafont and Fontspace. I'd rather have my fonts on a site that I like with only 1 visitor a day rather than on a million visitors a day site that I do not like.

01/09/2011 à 11:39

Well i got fonts2u to take down my fonts - they didn't reply to my first email so i posted on there Facebook page and they got a little mention on twitter and then it wasn't long before i heard from them

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 02:40

Données personnelles  -  Contact