Forum

5 posts

Elevator sign from James Cameron's "Titanic" (1997)

30/01/2015 à 11:02

Hello,
I am desperately trying to find this 1910 looking font that was used in James Cameron’s movie “Titanic”. The font was used for the electric signs to the ceilings, and some of you who have the movie may be able to see other signs made with this font, “1st class entrance” especially. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Bonjour,
Je suis à la recherche de cette police "aspect 1910" utilisée dans le film "Titanic" de James Cameron en 1997. La police en question était utilisée pour les panneaux lumineux de direction aux plafonds, et si certains d'entre vous ont le film, il y a d'autres panneaux dans cette police, indiquant "1st class entrance". Quelqu'un a-t-il une idée ? Merci d'avance.

Elevator sign from James Cameron's "Titanic" (1997)

30/01/2015 à 12:53

I remember when the film was being made, the crew had access to many of the blueprints for the Titanic so they could go for realism. It is possible this was a font from the time period - and was not made for public use in digital form.

When I look of it, I think of a typositor book we had in the typeshop. We had a special section named "Nipple Fonts" -- this would definitely had been in there. It is similar to the Friz Quadrata, Elan, Beaufort, Triplett, etc. Anyone of those would give you the feel of what you see - but not exactly.

30/01/2015 à 14:06

30/01/2015 à 22:45

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the more I search, the more I think it may have not been made available for public use. I may go with Modesto. I don't think I can add a picture to my message, so I can't show you, but I have 1912 photos of the original signs, and it seems, depending on the length of the wording, they had different versions of the font, more expanded or more condensed. Since Modesto really has this 1900 feeling and breaks down into different versions, condensed, normal or expanded, I may use it. It may be a good choice. Thanks

31/01/2015 à 12:35

Before you choose - make sure to take a look at Beaufort - thanks

http://myfonts.us/td-3NpDrf

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 23:29

Données personnelles  -  Contact