Forum

13 posts

Font height on microsoft office powerpoint

25/01/2015 à 19:15

Hi! how do you adjust the bodoni font height on microsoft office powerpoint?

I am doing a presentation on Burberry and really need the exact font for the titles.

Hope someone can help me
thankyou

25/01/2015 à 22:18

Bodoni or whatever, go into PowerPoint, select the text and set the size in points. Tell me, what is so difficult about that?

28/01/2015 à 16:58

Hi,

thank you for taking the time to reply. What do you mean set the size 'in points'?

I need the font height to be crushed slightly compared to width and cannot do this using typical font sizing.

many thanks

28/01/2015 à 18:31

That's not possible with PowerPoint. You can only change the size of the text, not the ration.

28/01/2015 à 18:32

Oh I see!

would you know where i could download/buy the burberry font?

28/01/2015 à 21:22

That is an stretched Didot, the question is which one as not all Didots are created equal. It is not the Linotype one as suggested here: http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/67183/burberry-font

Yet, probably any stretched Didot/Didot lookalike will do as only very few people will be able to see the difference and then only after giving it, each and every letter, a really good look.
Lay your hands on a Didot(alike), ask someone you know who works with a font editor to stretch it some 170% and you will have a passable lookalike of the font used by Burberry.

29/01/2015 à 09:21

The font is custom named Burberry Capitals Small. Since it is custom, it is for the exclusive use of Burberry
The font was designed by Dalton Maag - http://www.daltonmaag.com/

koeiekat might be able to find a copy

Édité le 29/01/2015 à 09:35 par toto@k22

29/01/2015 à 11:48

The complete character set, as shown here by toto, is embedded in Burberry's annual report 2012 pdf: http://www.burberryplc.com/documents/full_annual_report/burberry_ar_2012.pdf
That font, however, is not the one of the logotype, it is a lot fatter - the red outline.

29/01/2015 à 12:13

Here's something that I came across along the way

Red outline is Burberry (UC-LC font}
Black outline is Burberry Capitals (all caps font}
Gray outline is Burberry Capital Small (small caps font)

29/01/2015 à 13:45

toto@k22 a dit  
Here's something that I came across along the way

Red outline is Burberry (UC-LC font}
Black outline is Burberry Capitals (all caps font}
Gray outline is Burberry Capital Small (small caps font)

The R of the logotype added. Yellow.

29/01/2015 à 14:53

Burberry Capitals and Capitals Small are by Dalton Maag and are originals. Burberry has 1998 Baron & Baron, Inc. copyright and probably a conversion from Mac T1 or TTF.

Since Burberry has a long history, I do not know when the current logo was adapted. It could have been made using a metal type if this was done a long time ago. It is also possible that there is another style of the font specifically made for the logo. Who knows. But modifying the custom font in a graphic app, to me, is hard to imagine.

However, for the needs of @annabelfh the 3 Burberry fonts are the best option available.

29/01/2015 à 15:50

Have not found the Burberry font by Baron & Baron. As for the Dalton Maag versions, Burberry's back door is wide open.

29/01/2015 à 19:22

Indeed, it is a jungle out there.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 04:12

Données personnelles  -  Contact