Forum

4 posts

Someone validated a wrong font on my thread.

24/10/2014 à 03:57

I made a font identification request not very long ago because I was looking for this one font that had its numbers actually smaller than the capital characters and some of the numbers hanging down (9, for example) to the point it can be noticed right away. A user "identified" it as Aller and my case was closed down. I find this extremely derogatory and provocative to the point I want to report that user for trolling and have him/her banned because I know that is exactly the wrong (I repeat, WRONG) font, since all numbers are at the same height as the capital letters and elevation in Aller. Again, the font I was looking for had numbers that are shorter than the capital letters and they had varying heights. There used to be a dispute feature available here. What happened to it?

24/10/2014 à 04:28

It may have been the other site that had the dispute feature. That should be added here too, if not already.

24/10/2014 à 05:23

S17MON a dit  
Someone validated a wrong font on my thread.

I made a font identification request not very long ago because I was looking for this one font that had its numbers actually smaller than the capital characters and some of the numbers hanging down (9, for example) to the point it can be noticed right away. A user "identified" it as Aller and my case was closed down. I find this extremely derogatory and provocative to the point I want to report that user for trolling and have him/her banned because I know that is exactly the wrong (I repeat, WRONG) font, since all numbers are at the same height as the capital letters and elevation in Aller. Again, the font I was looking for had numbers that are shorter than the capital letters and they had varying heights. There used to be a dispute feature available here. What happened to it?

You must mean this thread: http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/187986/this-font

The Troll who identified Aller is jerseygirl, one of the forum moderators. Perhaps she might ban herself, if you ask politely, by Private Message?

Take a look at the link supplied by claudeserieux in the follow up post. Claude doesn't say much to English language forum posts, but he gives 'good link'. If you scroll down in the character map for Aller, you'll see the smaller numerals that are below the base line, and their Unicode designations. You should have no difficulty using them, with Aller installed.

24/10/2014 à 10:49

That other site must have been WTF.

The style you describe is called OldStyle. http://www.fonts.com/content/learning/fontology/level-3/numbers/oldstyle-figures

As you can see the regular figures in the Aller have that style, so why mutter?

Also, the Aller (Regular) happens to be the perfect match for your image which, by the way, only shows the 2 and not also a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

Now, who is the troll?

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 16:08

Données personnelles  -  Contact