Pub de Tupiniquim

Forum

6 posts

Troubled & hesistant about LICENSED font/s

15/04/2014 à 09:04

Other fonts are licensed from the authors on this website, what is this mean? Meaning to say, if licensed I cannot use the font? I cant use the font for public posting like on Instagram, websites and Facebook? Or for commercial purposes? What if I post the licensed font, without the permission of the author/s, will I get sued, get a file case for damages and copyright infringement? Will I go to jail? If that so. So what is the essence of posting, "SHARING" their fonts here on DaFont website if it is licensed? And the fact, that there is 'DOWNLOAD' button of each fonts.. I am very HESITANT to use or DOWNLOAD any fonts from this website to my computer.. Or I suggest there is categories in here separating LICENSED & FREE OF USE. Maybe I settle to another FONT REAL FREE sites! This is sad.

Édité 2 fois. Dernière édition le 15/04/2014 à 09:06 par timplado

16/04/2014 à 19:19

Fonts usually have the type of license for the font you've downloaded. So, if you download a 'Free for personal use', this enables you to use to font on instagram, facebook, etc (depends on artist). But once you use the font for a financial gain, for example: using the font for your business logo, etc.. That is when you will need a commercial license.

There is numerous fonts that are FREE for total use on DaFont, even commercially. Just make sure you're checking the license before you try and use it for commercial use. Free for personal use doesn't mean FREE.

To sum it up, if you make ANY money off the font usage you need a commercial license (unless otherwise stated by author)

PS are you always sad when things arent free? come on, brotherman! shit isnt always free in this world.

Édité le 16/04/2014 à 19:20 par gwizsk

16/04/2014 à 21:55

Yep, even shit comes at a price

@timplado
Fonts here on dafont are not shared, they re made available under certain conditions - which may/will vary per font/author. So take the trouble to read the license info that comes with the font and you know where you stand. Not that difficult.
Will you go to jail if you don't give shit about the rules of the game? I guess not in a country as corrupt as yours where sex with very young childern is seen as an economic value. Over here it is an economical offense for which you do not go to jail but are fined a quarter of a million Euro.
If you want to be sure that a font on dafont is totally free for whatever use the 'more options' link and validate 'Public domain / GPL / OFL' and 'Free'

Last but not least, 'FONT REAL FREE sites' do not exist. There are only sites that do not give information about author and license and change 'Free for personal use' into 'free'. Almost all from Asian countries.

So, when your attitude towards dafont is as you described above, maybe indeed better leave us. If you prefer so I will gladly help you to find the back door.

16/04/2014 à 22:01

koeiekat a dit  
Yep, even shit comes at a price

I know right! just take a look at @koeiekat fonts. he is bossss! lol jk my dude

Édité le 16/04/2014 à 22:01 par drf_bot

16/04/2014 à 23:21

gwizsk a dit  
just take a look at @koeiekat fonts. he is bossss! lol jk my dude

hmmmmmmmm...
no, nothing.

17/04/2014 à 00:23

daaams a dit