Forum

16 posts

Need for my Wedding

03/03/2014 à 14:52

I would really like to be able to use this font for my wedding and I cannot figure out the name of it. You can find more examples of the font at the following link - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Graphique?page=1

I contacted the page owner and they told me that they could not tell me the name of the font for fear that I would start my own business based on the font and compete against them…. I just want it for my wedding!

Need for my Wedding

Polices suggérées

Chopin Script  Suggérée par koeiekat 
Shelley Allegro  Suggérée par koeiekat 

03/03/2014 à 16:15

Of course she could not thell you the name of the font ... as it isn't one font. This is the Chopin Script (condensed to 84%) and the Shelley Allegro (condensed to 89%) superimposed. Like in this post, http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/153344/the-mother-s-font it is the Chopin Script (again) and the Edwardian Script superimposed. In both cases some swirls added and Bob is your uncle.

So, you don't need her This is a typical DIY job
Police suggérée : Chopin Script

Édité le 03/03/2014 à 16:45 par drf

03/03/2014 à 16:15

Police suggérée : Shelley Allegro

Édité le 03/03/2014 à 17:33 par drf

03/03/2014 à 16:30

Thank you! Now that I am taking a closer look I can see the two different fonts. I also posted this question on another forum and was told that the font Heathen was similar. Either way, I'm so glad I got a correct answer. Again, thank you so much!

03/03/2014 à 17:05

... depends on the definition of 'similar. To me the heathen is a similar to your sample as Tweetie Bird is to Miss Piggy

But, when it does not have to be exactly the same as what you showed goto misprintedtype.com and have a look at Porcelain and Selfish. For style closer to your sample than Heathen I think and - even better - freebees. http://www.misprintedtype.com/fonts/freeware/

03/03/2014 à 17:11

How would I go about condensing and superimposing the two fonts you mentioned in order to get the exact font shown in the picture?

03/03/2014 à 17:18

PS. Porcelain and Selfish are beautiful! I just downloaded them both, thank you!

03/03/2014 à 18:42

rlashure a dit  
How would I go about condensing and superimposing the two fonts you mentioned in order to get the exact font shown in the picture?

For that you need an application that can make font, ttf/otf files and then learn to understand that sort of software.

But ... as I (we) have no idea about what you want to do, other applications might do the same to get what you want. Yes, it is for your wedding, but what for?

03/03/2014 à 19:22

I wanted to use this font for a monogram cake topper (Letter L). I found a shop on Etsy that makes them, and offers a variety of fonts but is open to accepting requests for other fonts if you let them know the name - which is why I was trying to find the name of this font. I am also considering using this font to make programs, but am willing to use one of the other fonts you suggested if it turns out that it will be a long process to try to get this exact font!

03/03/2014 à 19:26

03/03/2014 à 19:52

You want exactly that L? Or something that look more or less like it?

Keep in mind, the less precise your answer the longer this takes and I am hours ahead of you and might be asleep while you think it is still early afternoon.

03/03/2014 à 20:16

I would really prefer to use that exact L for my cake topper (it won't kill me if I am not able to get it, but it would be nice to have it). And for the programs/itineraries I will be happy to use one of the other fonts - it seems as though that would just be much easier since I already have them downloaded to my computer.

03/03/2014 à 21:06

When you want exactly that L and just that L I see no problem, just use the image and go along with your cake. When you want that L, and only just that L, for invitations and so you can also just use the image.

When you want/need this L as a font and just this L - for whatever reason - just say so. I'll look at this tomorrow while you are still dreaming of ... whatever.

03/03/2014 à 21:14

If you are saying that you are willing and able to create this font for me, then that would be great... But I don't want you to feel obligated to do so for a random stranger on the internet, especially if it would be too time-consuming for you.

03/03/2014 à 21:30

When it is just that L and only that L, no problem. Just this ... when you need one for the next step after the wedding ask someone else

03/03/2014 à 21:36

Okay, thank you for your help.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 16:44

Données personnelles  -  Contact