Pub de Clinamenic

Forum

13 posts

Font's copyright.

09/08/2013 à 16:13

Morning.

I wanna know about the copyright of the fonts in here. I mean, can i use them for commercial?
All fonts available in here are free?

Thanks.

09/08/2013 à 16:24

NOT all fonts here are free for commercial use. Look on top of the 'download' button, it says: Free for Personal use or Demo or sometimes it says Free.

In the case where it says free, most agree it means you can use it for commercial use. But the only way to really make sure, is to contact the designer of the font.

Always read the read.me files included with the fonts. Some clearly state explain the extent of the licence.

Édité le 09/08/2013 à 16:27 par fmontpetit

09/08/2013 à 16:26

Thanks man. Realy helpfull.

09/08/2013 à 16:27

You're welcome!

09/08/2013 à 16:31

Another issue...

What means "commercial use"....I mean, what can i understand about commercial?
If i make a little art design to put in facebook, in order to promote my fanpage using this font, is this commercial? Or just when i use this to create a logo?

09/08/2013 à 17:25

And I read somewhere that says if you convert the font into curves, don't need to worry about the copyright...that's true?

09/08/2013 à 17:42

vinibenedett a dit  
And I read somewhere that says if you convert the font into curves, don't need to worry about the copyright...that's true?

Hi, Where your view this information please ?

09/08/2013 à 17:46

Maelle.K a dit  
vinibenedett a dit  

Sorry man, I can't remember, and I don't know if it's reliable.

09/08/2013 à 18:01

Commercial usually means the use of the font will be making you money. Any kind of money. Some designer will consider a non-profit organization as personal use, others will not. It's why contacting the designer is usually the safest way to go.

Now about your question concerning fonts converted to outlines... this is a really funny one

Let's just say that I wouldn't try...

09/08/2013 à 18:06

Sorry, but your information is not only 'unreliable', it's completely and utterly full of crap.

09/08/2013 à 18:20

Perhaps, OP is referring to the digitizing of old typefaces.

In this case, one could digitize its own version of a font no longer copyrighted (from an original source; a book from 1680 for example) thus making their own 'outlines' which as a result will be different from other versions that have been digitized by other people. Of course, anybody else could also make its version (again only from the original source and not from yours).

But this is a whole other discussion where I have yet to find a consensus or a definite 'reliable' anwswer. Also I'm not a lawyer...

09/08/2013 à 19:28

Maybe, but it really sounded more like he was asking "If I alter a font by just rescanning it, is it mine then?" And the answer to that, of course, is NO.

09/08/2013 à 19:48

vinibenedett a dit  
Maelle.K a dit  
vinibenedett a dit  

Sorry man, I can't remember, and I don't know if it's reliable.

thanks.

Fuseau horaire : CEST. Il est actuellement 19:56

Données personnelles  -  Contact