Forum

28 posts

Posts by gwizsk

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:35  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

metaphasebrothel said  (view post)
ellenelle said  (view post)
Wow, the moral authority has spoken...

Don't take it personally, ellenelle. That's how he flirts.

Obvious that this is an issue.

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:32  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

you get what you serve, brotherman. you can cry to roro all you want about people being rude to you when you're rude to them. I will keep coming back.

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:30  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

wow man, you do not get it. she gave us a font family she thought. maybe it was not up to standards of what you need (mmhmm). but, what you are not realizing you are rude. you could have simply asked : can you be more specific and tell me what font exactly you were using? you say: "you do not deserve an answer"? EVEN SHE HAD A PROBLEM WITH YOUR RESPONSE

Edited on Apr 24, 2014 at 01:31 by gwizsk

Apr 24, 2014 at 01:03  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

The point she was making that you come off very rude. She just had an issue, and you do not have to attack everyone that asks for help. It like you're coming as some dude thats think "why dont you know that!" If that's the way you think, why attack her and instead answer the question?

Who says you do not deserve an answer to someone? What are you some answer God that needs the perfect question? How have people on this forum put up with you so long?

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Apr 24, 2014 at 01:14 by gwizsk

Apr 24, 2014 at 00:59  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

koeiekat said  (view post)
Nope Owl. As long as we don't know what she is talking about how can we possibly try to reproduce the error?

She stated the error: when she is viewing it on the computer screen the spacing of the font is off versus when she prints it. It prints normal.

Apr 24, 2014 at 00:56  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

metaphasebrothel said  (view post)
Wow, the moral authority has spoken...

Don't take it personally, ellenelle. That's how he flirts.

No. He is just arrogant. If that's the case and he was flirting with me, my bad. I accept. lmao

Apr 24, 2014 at 00:25  [reply]  why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

why is spacing poor at some pt sizes?

What might cause a font to display onscreen with erratic spacing at different sizes (but normal when printing)? This happens typically at small sizes, but not always.

I'm not talking about poor resolution, just changes in spacing. Is there some way to fix a font that does something like this?

Thanks,
Ellen

If you are using Photoshop, you can use character spacing. This option lets you adjust each character vertical and horizontal to your liking! I am not sure if Microsoft products offer this option.

Also, I would not use that option if it's printing fine. If you adjust it when it's printing normal, it might print adnormal. It's most likely the program you are using or a view issue. Try viewing at 100% to see if the spacing is still off.

If the problem still persist, You can find the character options in 'Window' in the file menu in Photoshop. And then revert the changes before you print, this will enable you to get a view with your desired spacing. It sounds like twice the work, though! hehe

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Apr 24, 2014 at 00:37 by gwizsk

Apr 18, 2014 at 01:04  [reply]  Looking for a font

i was able to track down the font to the creator 'flyer fonts' but all the download links were removed to copyright issues.

Yep, even shit comes at a price

I know right! just take a look at @koeiekat fonts. he is bossss! lol jk my dude

Edited on Apr 16, 2014 at 22:01 by drf_bot

Fonts usually have the type of license for the font you've downloaded. So, if you download a 'Free for personal use', this enables you to use to font on instagram, facebook, etc (depends on artist). But once you use the font for a financial gain, for example: using the font for your business logo, etc.. That is when you will need a commercial license.

There is numerous fonts that are FREE for total use on DaFont, even commercially. Just make sure you're checking the license before you try and use it for commercial use. Free for personal use doesn't mean FREE.

To sum it up, if you make ANY money off the font usage you need a commercial license (unless otherwise stated by author)

PS are you always sad when things arent free? come on, brotherman! shit isnt always free in this world.

Edited on Apr 16, 2014 at 19:20 by gwizsk

Apr 14, 2014 at 08:00  [reply]  Please help with KR Floral Color Me 2

what program are you using?

If you could give a description of the type of font you're looking for we could give you better options.

all my fonts are under 35 bux!

Apr 13, 2014 at 06:02  [reply]  Making fonts

If you're designing the art file in photoshop:
1. Design font in Photoshop with a transparent background
2. Open .psd file in illustrator
3. Live trace '1 color logo' adjust settings according
4. 'Expand' art file
5. Ungroup art file
6. Create a bounding box around each letter
7. Copy and paste each letter + bounding box into font (to maintain size proportions)
8. Delete bounding box in font editing program
9. Adjust kerning
10. Export font

Apr 13, 2014 at 05:53  [reply]  Health Care Font

as far as the font choice of the client:
just go with what they want, brotherman. it does not matter if you think something is missing. if it's what they want, give it to them (especially if they're paying you)

as far as logo design:
they hired you for a reason, no? do your thing, brotherman!

Apr 13, 2014 at 05:46  [reply]  HELP ASAP

google "circuit board vector" under images and you will find some links to images you need

those letters looks like a designer created those with a custom brush in illustrator.. i could be wrong though! but i doubt it

those letters looks like a designer created those with a custom brush in illustrator.. i could be wrong though! but i doubt it

Don't shout at us.

This! this is so awesome

Don't shout at us.

This! this is so awesome

Nov 29, 2013 at 20:14  [reply]  Yeezus

daaams said  (view post)
what about spending 25 seconds in photoshop instead ?

good call.. this is simple to do

All times are CEST. The time is now 03:47

Ad by omogollon
Privacy Policy  -  Contact