Forum

84 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by toto@k22

Oct 16, 2014 at 20:53  [reply]  FontForge 14 oct 2014

FontForge saves a backup of the backup? Lucky you, Claude.

That disappearing glyphs need to be taken cared of by the people who are developing the program. Has this been brought to their attention or discussed in a FontForge forum?

Oct 16, 2014 at 16:56  [reply]  FontForge 14 oct 2014

I hope it is not beyond recovery. The disappearing glyphs are probably still there and were moved to other glyph positions. I hope you find the missing glyphs and find a fix to that because I like the swishy font that you are doing. Looking forward to the day it is released.

Oct 16, 2014 at 14:09  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

I suggest you ditch that "Welcome to my site!" It makes the site look cheap.

Oct 16, 2014 at 06:16  [reply]  FontForge 14 oct 2014

Can I see a sample, Claude?

Oct 16, 2014 at 06:10  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

Then what seems to be the problem? You seem to be complaining about the non-rendering of the font. I see the same thing as daaams and koeiekat saw. I do not have the font installed. I do not install fonts other those that were bundled with Windows and programs installed in my PC.

I suggest you enclose in quotes Jenna Sue in "@font-face { font-family: Jenna Sue; ...." and include the woff version of the webfont.

I suggest that you go to the Jenna Sue font page and click on the "Donate" button on that page, especially if you are doing the webpage for a fee. It is a way of thanking her for digitizing the font.

Oct 15, 2014 at 17:31  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

Send me your real CSS to to22to at gmail dot com or better the URL of the page where the font is used.

Oct 15, 2014 at 16:06  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

If your @font-face declarations in your real CSS appear exactly like the ones you posted, I am not surprised why the font does not show. You enclosed your @font-face in /* and */. That is the cause of all your problem because that tells the browser to ignore everything between /* and */. That means you do not have a declared @font-face and will rely on the visitor having the font installed, which will likely not be the case. The only working CSS declaration there is the first h1.title

Suggestions: Use a full path, like your http://www.mysite.com/New1/fonts/jennasue.woff to be avoid complications. Also use all lowercase folder and file names to avoid problems in case your webserver is case sensitive. I strongly suggest that you look for a CSS validator and check your CSS for errors there.

Edited on Oct 15, 2014 at 16:10 by toto@k22

Oct 11, 2014 at 20:03  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

If you unpacked the ZIP you downloaded to somewhere in your hard disk, double click on jennasue-demo.html and you would see something like this

Run the demo from your hard disk and see if it works.

If you are willing to show your CSS, I'd like to have a look. The problem might be somewhere there.

Oct 11, 2014 at 05:38  [reply]  Contest / Concurso "laFont"...

I think it is called marketing. IMO it is using the name contest to build awareness to the font. If and when it is time to release the font at MyFonts, people already know about it and might decide to buy. This also helps to introduce people to the foundry and to its fonts currently in the market. There are just too many foundries and too many fonts at MyFonts that you need to be creative to get noticed.

If I participate and win the naming contest, do I get royalty for naming the font?

Oct 11, 2014 at 05:22  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

@SteveHi Are you referring to this font http://www.dafont.com/jenna-sue.font ? If that's the font, download this http://cjoint.com/14oc/DJlfgwacN55.htm Cut and paste the CSS code into your CSS file or HTML. Place the fonts in the folder where you want them to be. Set the correct path to the font in your @font-face declarations. Do not change anything else in the CSS that came with the web font. Make sure that references to that font in your other CSS declarations is the same as that in the font-family declared in the CSS code that you cut and pasted.

If this doesn't work, there must be something that you are doing wrong To check unpack the ZIP, do not touch anything and open jennasue-demo.html. If the demo does not work, there is something else that is causing your problem.

If you've just read the specs on that link...

Oct 10, 2014 at 21:16  [reply]  CSS script for fonts

@SteveHi before you do that, I suggest you contact the author/designer of the font and get his/her thoughts regarding your use of the font as a web font. Using the font that way might be interpreted as no longer personal by that particular author/designer.

Second, what you described is not embedding. Also, the font can be located anywhere in the server as long as your @font-face declarations use the correct path to the font. There is a way to embed a font but that is beyond the point.

As for your question on font names, I suggest you read this specs as the issues you raised are answered there http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-webfonts-20020802/ Use your browsers Find function to jump to the @font-face section. Be reminded that this document is a technical specification but I am sure you would not find it hard to understand what is in there.

BTW have you tested the various possibilities that you showed? Which one works? Or all 3 works?

The font name referred in "font-family: myFirstFont;" is the internal name of the font. The font name in "src: url(sansation_light.woff);" is the file name of the font. You can change this to anything you want like a.woff. As for other things, see the specs.

Oct 04, 2014 at 04:04  [reply]  Does a logo count as commercial use ?

@koeiekat I keep away from the word "free" because it is taken nowadays as public domain. You can say that it is the synonym of public domain when speaking of fonts.

I am not aware of the transaction that came with the use of this 100% Free font here at Dafont. I came to know about this from the website of someone who used to hang around ABF. I wonder if this organization asked permission to use and modify this font. The font was posted here in 2012 and the modified font was used by the organization this year. I hope that organization, at least, gave the designer/author the courtesy of asking permission to use and modify the font but that "100% Free" tag can be misconstrued as public domain - use the font as you please.

Oct 03, 2014 at 18:47  [reply]  Does a logo count as commercial use ?

You can say that it is free but I would rather not.

Oct 03, 2014 at 12:51  [reply]  Does a logo count as commercial use ?

@melonpan Go over my fonts and see if there is anything there that you want to use for the logo as you intended to use it. If you find anything there that you like, email me. My email address in in the font and on the text file that comes with the font. You can also send me a private message here at Dafont.

I will not ask an upfront fee from you. But I will ask a royalty on page view basis. You will have to pay me a specified amount, that is agreeable to both of us, for every thousand page views of all the pages with your logo that used my font. My current rate is $0 per thousand page views. If you are agreeable with my terms, email me so that we can sign an agreement.

This conditions only apply to the use of my font as you describe in the first message of this thread.

Nothing here at Dafont.

If you are looking for a font made of dots, Google search for "font Nectar" and the first search result (a site in Spanish) will give you that font.

Sep 14, 2014 at 05:28  [reply]  Font rip-offs

The font is originally a metal type named Columbian published by the Cleveland Type Foundry among others. This is a very old type and a specimen was republished by Dan X Solo in his Victorian Display Fonts (Dover), renamed the font as Glorietta and made his own digitization of the font which came out with the book. With a published specimen, expect several digitizations and are probably original digitizations based on the specimen. They did not just came out at the same time.

According to the Solopedia the following are the digitizations of the font: Glorietta (Solotype), P22Victorian Swash, Trinigan FG (Fontgrube), Goodfellow (Scriptorium), Bluegum Forest (Tris Nguyen, corrected by MEG). Burton'sNightmare (anon), and there are probably others. If you go to the linked page, hit Ctrl-F and search for Glorietta or scroll down to page 11.

Sep 13, 2014 at 18:31  [reply]  Fonts Similar?

awaywiththestorm said  (view post)
Sorry about that. The problem with the font seems to be everytime I try to download it on my computer it comes up with validation error and when I try to use the the font it says the file is corrupt. I operate on a Mac and I really would love this font. If anyone needs any more details or had the same problem id be forever appreciative to a solution. Thanks!

Check your gmail and see if the font works for you this time. That font is the same font that you download from here.

Sep 13, 2014 at 18:11  [reply]  Font overriding other fonts?

Probably here

Number 1 search result, domain name erased

Sep 11, 2014 at 03:54  [reply]  Help creating a font

Why not draw it directly in FontForge? I think it would make things easier that way.

If you prefer to do the drawing in Illustrator, save it as a vector file and import the vector in FontForge. I am not sure what vector formats FontForge recognizes but IIRC claudeserieux mentioned SVG before. I also do not know if FontForge will accept a cut and paste of vector outlines directly from illustrator like Fontlab does. Claude regularly uses FontForge and might be able to tell you exactly how to do the vector import.

But if it concerns making a font from an image and its intricacies, metaphasebrothel is the right person to ask.

Sep 08, 2014 at 20:55  [reply]  NAME FONT PLEASE?

This might work for you.

Look at the swash characters. Play with the font in Photoshop or Illustrator and you might be able to recreate that image

Disclosure: K22 Didoni is my font so my opinion is biased

Suggested font: K22 Didoni

Edited on Sep 09, 2014 at 10:53 by drf

All times are CEST. The time is now 18:32

Ad by malvolio
Privacy Policy  -  Contact