Forum

178 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by toto@k22

Aug 24, 2016 at 08:55  [reply]  Just wondering... Is this okay?

Probably this one http://cottonxclouds.blogspot.com/

Looks like she used someone's fonts to create her own fonts.

All credits to the original font creators for the ttfs!

Does she have persmission? I do not know. There's no mention on the page about that.

SQUBEAR said  
Fonts marked as 100% Free on DaFont. Can they be used to create a logo for a company. I normally purchase a license to install a font. No documentation with the font - the 100% free one. Please clarify how to contact the font author have tried emailing no response. The font in question is Retro

If you are referring to this font http://www.dafont.com/retro.font
then you can either send the author a private message http://www.dafont.com/pm/post.php?user=525032
or you can send an email at the email address shown here http://www.dafont.com/profile.php?user=525032

Aug 16, 2016 at 08:48  [reply]  Not working?

Try opening the font in a font editor and regenerate the font. That often fixes most of the problems.

As for availability of font editors, there are free ones out there. Do a web search and you will find one.

Aug 01, 2016 at 12:29  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

For fonts here at Dafont, free for personal use. I still say that if money is your primary consideration, sign up with a font vendor and sell your fonts there.

BTW can you find my font, K22 Xanthus, in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKleQ1MXMCs

Don't blink as it was only shown a fraction of a second.

Jul 28, 2016 at 20:34  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

The fonts I make are not the kind that gets the most attention but I am happy with the little attention my fonts get on this site.

As for $$$ part, I got much more than I ever imagined I would get for my fonts.

Jul 28, 2016 at 03:16  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

IMO if your intention is to make money, sell your fonts. There are several sites where you can sell your fonts. CreativeMarket is popular nowadays and has a very lax policy when it comes to things for sale - no evaluation process at all.

If you are going to post a font here at Dafont, do not raise your expectations too high or you will be very disappointed. However, based on experience, more donations will come your way through Dafont than any other free font sites. GoogleFonts was not considered because it is not an open font archive.

What kind of fonts, get the most donations? Look at the fonts that are heavily downloaded and those fonts are likely the ones that get the most donations/money here. Unfortunately, mine are not among those fonts.

Jul 26, 2016 at 05:06  [reply]  Project Sports Specialties

x77x said  
hmmmm, cost $200 to have the sports specialties font made by a respected font artist...

Take it right away. Let that respected font artist do the font for you. That's basement bargain price.
I am very sure that you will profit from the use of that font.

Jul 16, 2016 at 18:48  [reply]  Can't find it again.

Jun 19, 2016 at 17:37  [initial post]  New forum policy????

Is there a new forum policy that you should be logged in before you can view the forum?

I can't get into the forum if I am not logged in and this just happened today.

I hope you would be able to settle this without involving PayPal but that is entirely up to you.

Next time you need a commercial license for a font you got from this site, get in touch with the font author/designer first. If private messaging is enabled, that person will be sent a notice whenever he gets a PM.

Good luck

May 18, 2016 at 04:08  [reply]  Font use in apps

You need to install the font in the same computer where those programs you mentioned you are using are installed.

The instructions on on how to install the fonts depending on your OS (operating system - like Mac, Windows, etc), you will find at the URL Menhir posted.

BTW if those programs are on phones, I do not know anything about that. I do not have a smartphone and I am still wondering why I couldn't get my dumbphone to connect to wifi.

Edited on May 18, 2016 at 04:12 by toto@k22

Download the font with A-Z a-z 0-9 and basic punctuation at http://www.dafont.com/alisandra.font

Did you pay him $20? If you did, you can ask for the full version.
If you paid less than that, send him an email and tell him about your interest to get a commercial license. It wouldn't hurt you to inform him of your previous donation.

BTW commercial license is cheaper by $5 at CreativeMarket compared to Revolge.

If you are referring to fonts you downloaded here at Dafont, it is best to get in touch with the author/designer of the font by email or PM. How much varies and only the author can provide the info with certainty.

If you are referring to fonts found in other sites, Claude is right.

May 05, 2016 at 04:45  [reply]  Ayuda para conseguir Smythe Sans Bold

Your best chance is to get in touch with Wordshape. Smythe Sans is their font.
Go to http://wordshape.com/contact/ and ask them how/where to get the font

Apr 22, 2016 at 05:17  [reply]  Script cut off at bottom

Tell her to set the values of WinAscent and WinDescent to the upper and lower limits of the bbox. This will solve the clipping problems in Windows (except Adobe programs) and Microsoft programs in other platforms. Easy to do but she has to do this.

One outcome of this is that the line height will also increase. You solve one problem and create another. Which one would you rather have is your choice.

As you mentioned, the font works perfectly in Illustrator and other Adobe programs as well. It will also work fine in a Mac. The easiest route then is to use an Adobe program in Windows or get a Mac and don't use MS Office or other MS programs.

Look for ITC Avant Garde. You will find a similar A as alternates. Google for "avant garde with alternates"

If an inline version is OK with you, go to http://abfonts.freehostia.com Click on the 2011 tab, scroll down the menu until you see 09.13 Mexico86 and click on that link. No direct link for that page. Despite what Mindofone said on the page, the font is not an original 1986 World Cup logo custom font but only a recreation of the font and was based on Avant Garde.

The 700 refers to the weight of the font. In this case the font is black.

Mar 29, 2016 at 05:05  [reply]  Appending a Font Name - Question

Let us make this clear, the name of the font file is its filename, like fontsname.ttf or fontsname.otf. When the term font name is mentioned we refer to the internal font name like those you see in the font selection menu of PSP.

You can change the filename to whatever you want (like fontsname.ttf to favoritefont.ttf) and there is no restriction about that, with the exception of when the font is being used by an application at the time of renaming. Note that renaming the filename will not in any way affect a font's name shown in the font menu.

As for the internal font name, I will give you two reasons why it is not advisable to do that. I am sure there are many more but 2 reasons you should consider are:

1. LEGAL ISSUE The publisher of the font (foundry/designer) most often prohibits the modification of a font in any manner. If you do that, you will at least lose the license to use the font. Remember that you do not become the owner of the font when you purchase a font. What you paid for is a license to use the font and one of its restrictions is the ability to modify the font.

2. COMPATIBILITY A conflict will arise if you share files between computers. If the internal font name of Freehand521 BT is renamed to retro_Freehand521 BT in your computer, files formatted using Freehand521 BT in other computers will likely appear as one of your default fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri, etc) when you open the file in your computer since your application couldn't find a font named Freehand521 BT because you renamed it to retro_Freehand521 BT. To your system, Freehand521 BT and retro_Freehand521 BT are two different fonts. It will also affect files you formatted in retro_Freehand521 BT that you share with others.

When you tinker with fonts in the Windows font folder (installed fonts), ask yourself first if you installed that particular font. If you do not know or can't remember or in doubt, stay away from that font. That is likely a font placed there by Windows or one of your installed applications. Those fonts need to be in the same state as they were when installed. It is better safe than sorry. And if you will do some renaming, do it on a font outside of the Windows fonts folder.

Use a font manager and group fonts according to themes without renaming fonts. Try out the free font manager and see if it does what you want them to do. The ladies in some font groups love The Font Thing. A friend has a licensed Printers Apprentice. All of them love their respective font managers. I do not use one so I really do not know.

Edited on Mar 29, 2016 at 05:19 by toto@k22

It would be best to consult the EULA of the application that installed the fonts. The conditions may vary depending on the publisher of the application. Refer to the publisher's website for details.

As far as Microsoft is concerned, you might get an idea from this page https://www.microsoft.com/typography/faq/faq11.htm

All times are CEST. The time is now 13:11

Ad by rickymrinaldi
Privacy Policy  -  Contact