182 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by toto@k22

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:53  [reply]  For the admins

Z said  
What on earth would possess people to believe that? I'm 16 and I didn't believe it for a second. (in fact, I had to suppress the urge to laugh...)

That is good that you think that way and I wish everyone would think like you do. Unfortunately, this is not the case. There are far too many gullible people in the world who are overcome with greed when promised with dreamed of riches.

If this people cannot find victims for their scams then this practice would have stopped a long time ago. I receive at least one of this kind of email everyday and I do not see it stopping any day now. There are many scammers in the internet and there are also many who are gullible enough to believe them.

BTW I personally know of someone who believed in it and that person already sent them some money. It isn't much but they are asking for more and much higher amount now. The gullible person cannot be dissuaded and really believes that everything is true.

So you are a smart kid if you did not believe this but there are people out there who are not as smart as you.

Oct 15, 2016 at 04:10  [initial post]  For the admins

I received this private message from kings11me (

My names are: Mr. Anthony O Umeria, profession financier. Hope that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident? There is a mutual benefit. I need your urgent assistance to accept funds exceeding 5million US dollars with trust and full understanding to your country, primary motive safe keeping and possible investment okay, God bless you. Feel free to ask questions you are always welcome, for more details, urgently contact my private these e-mail addresses. (deleted)

Mr. Anthony Umeria

I am hoping the admin would be able to deal with this so that members here who are gullible enough (believe me there are many people who thinks this crap is real) would not fall prey to this scumbag.

Edited on Oct 15, 2016 at 16:48 by koeiekat

Oct 07, 2016 at 03:05  [reply]  Dashed fonts?

None. You will have to do it manually.

Change the type to a format that can be manipulated in your program. Different programs have different ways of doing this - convert type to outline, rasterize the text layer, using selection, etc. It really depends on how it is done in your program.

Look for public domain fonts. Do not just rely on what is shown on the web page where you downloaded the font but look inside the zip archive and see if there is a text file that states that the font is a public domain font. Sometimes you will find this info in the font. However, when in doubt, get in touch with the designer to clear up matters.

For example, here are the two listings of fonts by Character here at Dafont: and All his fonts, Character said, are public domain and he does not expect nor ask for any remuneration for their use. He just had fun doing the fonts and, sadly, he already passed away.

Aug 24, 2016 at 08:55  [reply]  Just wondering... Is this okay?

Probably this one

Looks like she used someone's fonts to create her own fonts.

All credits to the original font creators for the ttfs!

Does she have persmission? I do not know. There's no mention on the page about that.

SQUBEAR said  
Fonts marked as 100% Free on DaFont. Can they be used to create a logo for a company. I normally purchase a license to install a font. No documentation with the font - the 100% free one. Please clarify how to contact the font author have tried emailing no response. The font in question is Retro

If you are referring to this font
then you can either send the author a private message
or you can send an email at the email address shown here

Aug 16, 2016 at 08:48  [reply]  Not working?

Try opening the font in a font editor and regenerate the font. That often fixes most of the problems.

As for availability of font editors, there are free ones out there. Do a web search and you will find one.

Aug 01, 2016 at 12:29  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

For fonts here at Dafont, free for personal use. I still say that if money is your primary consideration, sign up with a font vendor and sell your fonts there.

BTW can you find my font, K22 Xanthus, in this video?

Don't blink as it was only shown a fraction of a second.

Jul 28, 2016 at 20:34  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

The fonts I make are not the kind that gets the most attention but I am happy with the little attention my fonts get on this site.

As for $$$ part, I got much more than I ever imagined I would get for my fonts.

Jul 28, 2016 at 03:16  [reply]  Making money from Font creations

IMO if your intention is to make money, sell your fonts. There are several sites where you can sell your fonts. CreativeMarket is popular nowadays and has a very lax policy when it comes to things for sale - no evaluation process at all.

If you are going to post a font here at Dafont, do not raise your expectations too high or you will be very disappointed. However, based on experience, more donations will come your way through Dafont than any other free font sites. GoogleFonts was not considered because it is not an open font archive.

What kind of fonts, get the most donations? Look at the fonts that are heavily downloaded and those fonts are likely the ones that get the most donations/money here. Unfortunately, mine are not among those fonts.

Jul 26, 2016 at 05:06  [reply]  Project Sports Specialties

x77x said  
hmmmm, cost $200 to have the sports specialties font made by a respected font artist...

Take it right away. Let that respected font artist do the font for you. That's basement bargain price.
I am very sure that you will profit from the use of that font.

Jul 16, 2016 at 18:48  [reply]  Can't find it again.

Jun 19, 2016 at 17:37  [initial post]  New forum policy????

Is there a new forum policy that you should be logged in before you can view the forum?

I can't get into the forum if I am not logged in and this just happened today.

I hope you would be able to settle this without involving PayPal but that is entirely up to you.

Next time you need a commercial license for a font you got from this site, get in touch with the font author/designer first. If private messaging is enabled, that person will be sent a notice whenever he gets a PM.

Good luck

May 18, 2016 at 04:08  [reply]  Font use in apps

You need to install the font in the same computer where those programs you mentioned you are using are installed.

The instructions on on how to install the fonts depending on your OS (operating system - like Mac, Windows, etc), you will find at the URL Menhir posted.

BTW if those programs are on phones, I do not know anything about that. I do not have a smartphone and I am still wondering why I couldn't get my dumbphone to connect to wifi.

Edited on May 18, 2016 at 04:12 by toto@k22

Download the font with A-Z a-z 0-9 and basic punctuation at

Did you pay him $20? If you did, you can ask for the full version.
If you paid less than that, send him an email and tell him about your interest to get a commercial license. It wouldn't hurt you to inform him of your previous donation.

BTW commercial license is cheaper by $5 at CreativeMarket compared to Revolge.

If you are referring to fonts you downloaded here at Dafont, it is best to get in touch with the author/designer of the font by email or PM. How much varies and only the author can provide the info with certainty.

If you are referring to fonts found in other sites, Claude is right.

May 05, 2016 at 04:45  [reply]  Ayuda para conseguir Smythe Sans Bold

Your best chance is to get in touch with Wordshape. Smythe Sans is their font.
Go to and ask them how/where to get the font

Apr 22, 2016 at 05:17  [reply]  Script cut off at bottom

Tell her to set the values of WinAscent and WinDescent to the upper and lower limits of the bbox. This will solve the clipping problems in Windows (except Adobe programs) and Microsoft programs in other platforms. Easy to do but she has to do this.

One outcome of this is that the line height will also increase. You solve one problem and create another. Which one would you rather have is your choice.

As you mentioned, the font works perfectly in Illustrator and other Adobe programs as well. It will also work fine in a Mac. The easiest route then is to use an Adobe program in Windows or get a Mac and don't use MS Office or other MS programs.

Look for ITC Avant Garde. You will find a similar A as alternates. Google for "avant garde with alternates"

If an inline version is OK with you, go to Click on the 2011 tab, scroll down the menu until you see 09.13 Mexico86 and click on that link. No direct link for that page. Despite what Mindofone said on the page, the font is not an original 1986 World Cup logo custom font but only a recreation of the font and was based on Avant Garde.

All times are CEST. The time is now 13:00

Ad by denne
Privacy Policy  -  Contact