Forum

70 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by toto@k22

Nothing here at Dafont.

If you are looking for a font made of dots, Google search for "font Nectar" and the first search result (a site in Spanish) will give you that font.

Sep 14, 2014 at 05:28  [reply]  Font rip-offs

The font is originally a metal type named Columbian published by the Cleveland Type Foundry among others. This is a very old type and a specimen was republished by Dan X Solo in his Victorian Display Fonts (Dover), renamed the font as Glorietta and made his own digitization of the font which came out with the book. With a published specimen, expect several digitizations and are probably original digitizations based on the specimen. They did not just came out at the same time.

According to the Solopedia the following are the digitizations of the font: Glorietta (Solotype), P22Victorian Swash, Trinigan FG (Fontgrube), Goodfellow (Scriptorium), Bluegum Forest (Tris Nguyen, corrected by MEG). Burton'sNightmare (anon), and there are probably others. If you go to the linked page, hit Ctrl-F and search for Glorietta or scroll down to page 11.

Sep 13, 2014 at 18:31  [reply]  Fonts Similar?

awaywiththestorm said  (view post)
Sorry about that. The problem with the font seems to be everytime I try to download it on my computer it comes up with validation error and when I try to use the the font it says the file is corrupt. I operate on a Mac and I really would love this font. If anyone needs any more details or had the same problem id be forever appreciative to a solution. Thanks!

Check your gmail and see if the font works for you this time. That font is the same font that you download from here.

Sep 13, 2014 at 18:11  [reply]  Font overriding other fonts?

Probably here

Number 1 search result, domain name erased

Sep 11, 2014 at 03:54  [reply]  Help creating a font

Why not draw it directly in FontForge? I think it would make things easier that way.

If you prefer to do the drawing in Illustrator, save it as a vector file and import the vector in FontForge. I am not sure what vector formats FontForge recognizes but IIRC claudeserieux mentioned SVG before. I also do not know if FontForge will accept a cut and paste of vector outlines directly from illustrator like Fontlab does. Claude regularly uses FontForge and might be able to tell you exactly how to do the vector import.

But if it concerns making a font from an image and its intricacies, metaphasebrothel is the right person to ask.

Sep 08, 2014 at 20:55  [reply]  NAME FONT PLEASE?

This might work for you.

Look at the swash characters. Play with the font in Photoshop or Illustrator and you might be able to recreate that image

Disclosure: K22 Didoni is my font so my opinion is biased

Suggested font: K22 Didoni

Edited on Sep 09, 2014 at 10:53 by drf

Sep 08, 2014 at 14:01  [reply]  Fonts Similar?

What seems to be the problem? Are you referring to the image you posted? I do not see anything that is wrong with that image. That image was intentionally done that way.

Other than some kerning and spacing issues, I do not find anything wrong with that font. The kerning and spacing issues can be easily addressed in the program where you are using the font.

If you can elaborate on that corrupt comment someone here might be able to tell you exactly what the problem is and possibly a solution.

This Google translation might help http://tinyurl.com/meabv7b but I do not know if you would be able to tell what he really wanted to say

Aug 14, 2014 at 18:30  [reply]  Yataghan font appears clipped off

As for the usability of the font.... Setting aside the technical aspect and looking at this in a layman's point of view, if the font serves what you wanted it for and you have not encountered any other issues with it (aside from the one that was fixed), then I think that the font is good enough for you to use.

Does it render well on screen? Does it print perfectly? It is your call whether to use the font or not.

Aug 13, 2014 at 19:12  [reply]  Yataghan font appears clipped off

Yataghan downloaded from Dafont a few minutes ago and below is a preview in Windows.

This is a vertical metrics problem for those using Windows

Aug 13, 2014 at 04:56  [reply]  Yataghan font appears clipped off

It is a Windows issue. That means the font was done on a Mac. Also, the problem does not show in Windows programs that do not rely on the Windows font engine, like Adobe applications.

To fix that, the highest point of the tallest glyph should be used as the ascender value and the lowest point of the glyph with the lowest structure should be used as the descender value. It is assumed that there are nodes in all extrema. You also need a font editor to do this.

The person who made this font should fix this. It would make a mess of his line height plans but those using Windows will surely love him. You can also use a free font editor, FontForge, to fix this for your own use. Claude, a moderator here, knows FontForge very well and might be able to help you. Others here are also familiar with that font editor.

Edited on Aug 13, 2014 at 04:58 by toto@k22

Aug 03, 2014 at 05:46  [reply]  Contact information for SBA Factory

Have you tried sending him a private message? If you haven't why not try it here

http://www.dafont.com/profile.php?user=416799

Or go to the listed websites and see if there is any way to contact him from there

Jun 06, 2014 at 05:32  [reply]  Vertically compressed font for Excel

What you wanted done is to decrease the line height. Since you mentioned adjustment for leading is not available in Excel, then you have to find another font or modify the line height of the current font. You can play with the fonts vertical metrics to get that done. I am not fond of touching other people's fonts so I could not help you on that matter.

BTW this will work fine on a Mac but will likely result to cropped ascenders and/or descenders and missing accents in Windows. I am on Windows so I do not know how MS programs behave on a Mac.

May 30, 2014 at 05:52  [reply]  How long for a font to be published?

Remember when you submitted your font?

If you do, go here http://www.dafont.com/new.php and see if fonts had been approved at least a day after you submitted your font. If that is the case, then your font was not accepted. Send dafont (http://www.dafont.com/profile.php?user=2) a private message asking clarification for the non-acceptance of your font.

If the date new fonts were added was on or at least a day before you submitted your font, then wait and check form time to time the new fonts page for new additions to the site. There is no set number of days for evaluation. It is on a best effort basis as people evaluating the fonts have also other concerns to attend to.

You should also consider time zones when checking for dates. I think Dafont is GMT+1, not really sure about that but near that.

You do not have fonts on this so no one could really see the problem. But kerning might solve your problem. The problem is that I do not know if all Linux apps you are using use kerning data.

Have you thought about kerning the font rather than setting character width to zero.

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:36  [initial post]  Font Aid VII: The Philippines

The Society of Typographic Aficionados is organizing Font Aid VII — a project uniting the typographic and design communities to raise funds for Philippine Red Cross relief efforts after the events of Typhoon Haiyan (known as Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.)

For those who might be interested to participate in this project, please visit http://www.typesociety.org/fontaid/vii/call/ for more details.

May 24, 2013 at 17:24  [reply]  Acid font missing characters?

claudeserieux said  (view post)
Adobe & OTMaster: order glyph is incorrect.

I don't think glyph ordering has any effect in the usability of a font, but as you mentioned glyphs that are not Unicode mapped and misnamed glyphs do.

May 24, 2013 at 16:51  [reply]  Regarding updating

_53L3C74_53L3C74 said  (view post)
And thanks for the ballpark figure.

Your new font/update is usually acted within 24 hours if you submit on Monday to Thursday. That is not a rule but is usually the case based on the fonts I submitted here.

Give the person/s who do this some free time to attend to real life concerns outside of dafont - especially on weekends.

May 24, 2013 at 10:21  [reply]  Acid font missing characters?

FunnyCostume said  (view post)
It doesn't explain how Adobe apps are able to display it in what seems to be the same style as the rest of the characters.

Adobe apps use its own font engine, other programs, like MS Word, use the Windows font engine.

All times are CEST. The time is now 08:56

Ad by TracerTong
Privacy Policy  -  Contact