Ad by almaz.id

Forum

36 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by gatonegro

I don't know about LogoMaker, they could have obtained a license somehow or be using it without permission.

As for a database of authors, there are lots of listings available online from copyright offices around the world, but in most countries copyright protection is automatic, and it doesn't require an official registration for it to apply.

Jan 30, 2011 at 20:04  [reply]  What font?

Identified font: Diediedie

Well, the license information on the download page states that it's "Free for personal use", which means you'd have to contact the author to get a commercial license, if he offers one. But since you already tried to contact him without success (not surprising, considering the contact info looks quite old), I say you'd be better off using a similar font which is free for commercial use, or from an author that is reachable.

May I suggest, for instance Unzialish, by Manfred Klein?

LooneyTunerIan said  
So can you possibly make this handwritten/script/cursive font?

I've been trying to find someone who can make good fonts, but to no avail.

You could try here, seems like this guy is taking font requests.

Jan 18, 2011 at 09:11  [reply]  Why do you guys design fonts?

The fame and the money, of course.

But I made my fonts free, and now I try to hide from the little fame my Narnia font got, 'cause it's pretty shabby.

Jan 18, 2011 at 09:06  [reply]  Different fonts used for 1 word?

Great, now I'm hungry. And it's 2 a.m. here

Jan 18, 2011 at 08:32  [reply]  We Stitch These Wounds

TylersOH said  
is that really a guy?

It looks like he is...

---

And now, the disappointing (probably) truth about the font. It's good ol' Trajan. Heavily modified by the artist.

Identified font: Trajan

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jan 18, 2011 at 08:32 by gatonegro

Dec 18, 2010 at 21:05  [reply]  Robbie Williams // Font ?

Looks a lot like Blair Bold. The shape of the "E"s isn't exactly the same, I'm not sure if it's another font, if the designer just tweaked it a little bit, or if it's the same shape and I just need more coffee.

Suggested font: ITC Blair Bold

Thanks guys! I'm really liking the new format of this place too. It's easier to go between font ID requests, and have a separate place for discussions, even if it's full of misplaced ID requests too

So, who else is back from the good ol' days? Schwalbenkoenig, Jay R Zay, Aeryn, Kevin (The Flea Pit) or anyone else? Damn, I feel like I just walked into a high school reunion

Dec 18, 2010 at 05:07  [reply]  What Font is this?

And the "P" is Commercial Script

Identified font: Commercial Script

Dec 18, 2010 at 05:02  [reply]  Recognize this?

Identified font: Mesquite

Dec 18, 2010 at 04:54  [reply]  Font?

Looks like Avant Garde Gothic. As to the weight, I'm guessing you tried with Century Gothic Regular, so I'd suggest using Medium with Avant Garde

Identified font: Avant Garde Gothic ®

Dec 18, 2010 at 04:46  [reply]  Name of THIS font ?

It sure is Century Gothic in here...

Identified font: Century Gothic

Dec 18, 2010 at 04:29  [initial post]  So, after 4 years, the forum is back?!

Damn, and it's been up since March! After months of waiting, I stopped looking for the "Forum" button, and now here it is. I see tophy, daaams, vinz and Jackie are still here (from the old English forum, never went to the French side). Now I can waste my days again identifying fonts, yay!

Good, I missed you guys!

- gatonegro (formerly ")O(The Cat)O(", but that nickname is looong gone)

Dec 18, 2010 at 03:59  [reply]  What Font is this?

"Paris Hilton" is ITC Blair.

Identified font: ITC Blair

Dec 14, 2010 at 18:35  [reply]  What this font?

Identified font: Orator

All times are CEST. The time is now 12:01

Privacy Policy  -  Contact