13,583 posts    Identified fonts

Posts by koeiekat

Even better. Should have looked at that
1992. That is from the times that Corel just renamed Bitstream fonts. Later solved with a license agreement.

Don, the Ireland came already with Corel Draw 4.
I agree, IronHorse is a clean version, specially for a ttf. Just found a type1 version of the one named IRONWOOD (all caps) which in the naming section mentions "PUBLISHERS' PARADISE BBS" (also all caps) which is by far the cleanest version I have seen so far.

Oct 12, 2016 at 13:56  [reply]  reducir el tamaño de archivos?

Some files are indeed very large but there is little to nothing dafont can do about that but not accepting the font for inclusion in the dafont offering. Which would be rather drastic a decision.
Dafont, however, warns when font-size will/can cause a computer lock-up when opening these fonts.
The font size itself is determined by the font author. Some go for fonts with an enormous amount of detail, like distorted faces.

Oct 11, 2016 at 19:29  [reply]  font?

Another one with (too) many names.

Try one or all of these ...

DomCasual, Franciscan, Banga, Dominican, Brough Superior, DomEF-Casual, Pedro, TinaBecker, PolkaMN, PolCasual or Polka BQ. You will be save with the Polka, here and there stretched a bit.

Suggested font: Polka

Don, after a quick (and dirty) perspective correction on the S we have the following matches, of which a number were not mentioned before as those were published by dubious publishers, *. Without the perspective correction Tiara and Judas (in that order) score best.

Due to the perspective correction and enlargement none of these is a perfect match. Earliest date is 1989. But ... not all publishers use the real publishing year. They often jump a few years back. Also, not all are copies of other ones, many are own digital formats of original paper prints.

In alphabetical order:

Alhambra - Southern Software *
Applesauce - Perry Mason
Cantina Expanded SSi Semi Expanded - Southern Software *
Cher - Unknown Origin
Ireland - Corel Corporation
IRONWOOD-Medium.ttf - Fantazia Fonts and Sounds *
Ironwood Std Medium - Adobe/Linotype
Ironwork Normal - Bay Animation *
Ironwork Normal - Arts & Letters Corporation *
Judas - Unknown Origin
Slayer - SWFTE International *
SPK1 Ironhorse - The Fontry
Tiara - Unknown Origin
Tripe - Perry Mason
tsp arising 1 - toase *

The Tiara S and the Judas S. Judas runs wider but it is clear both are principally the same shape. Judas, being a ttf converted from Tiara has an enormeous number of nodes. Far more than needed to make that shape.

I know Don. An admin rejected a link to Tiara although not a 'not done' site. So then I posted the Judas Caps. Also rejected by admin. Both of course need a slight modification for P and O but that is just dragging the bottom node down. Tiara seems to be the oldest one (the type1 version) but has no author info in the font-file I have.

Oct 10, 2016 at 23:04  [reply]  what’s this font ?

Identified font: Dollie Script

Oct 10, 2016 at 22:18  [reply]  fuente please

Identified font: Mercearia Antique

Maybe ... but then ... maybe not.

Oct 10, 2016 at 22:03  [reply]  Font name?

Identified font: Levi Brush

Have a sharp image?

Suggested font: Judas Caps

Suggested font: Tiara

Oct 10, 2016 at 16:11  [reply]  Does anyone recognize this font?

Identified font: Alegreya Sans

Oct 10, 2016 at 15:51  [reply]  fonts please!

For 2 SPEED etc you can use the Futura variation Nobel by The Font Bureau.

Suggested font: Nobel

Oct 10, 2016 at 15:37  [reply]  FONTE

Why shout?

Oct 10, 2016 at 15:35  [reply]  Urgent Font identification

Oct 10, 2016 at 15:06  [reply]  fonte

Identified font: Pluto

All times are CEST. The time is now 09:34

Ad by CreativelyAB
Privacy Policy  -  Contact