Forum

726 posts    Identified fonts    Requests only

Posts by metaphasebrothel

Identified font: Courier New

Jun 21, 2016 at 07:10  [reply]  SHAVED ICE FONT

Identified font: Waltograph

Colours inverted:

Jun 15, 2016 at 19:59  [reply]  Font

4:Nineteen is a medical marijuana dispensary in Bozeman, Montana.

Identified font: Cabbagetown

Jun 15, 2016 at 19:56  [reply]  font pls ? :)

Colours inverted:

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:20  [reply]  Please Help :(

Identified font: Vineta

Dec 04, 2015 at 23:58  [reply]  jack daniel's

The name is shown above the character map in the graphic. It's on this page:

http://segura-inc.com/portfolio/393/custom_fonts

Identified font: Jasper Daniels

Edited on Dec 05, 2015 at 03:07 by metaphasebrothel

Read this thread:

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/198920/help-creating-a-font?

My post #6 shows the different locations in a font file for single and double quotations, left and right.

The single and double quotes from the Lauren C. Brown font probably appear when typed in Notepad, but not in other apps, because the font author didn't add glyphs in the other positions.

Edited on Aug 07, 2015 at 20:56 by metaphasebrothel

Mar 08, 2015 at 07:46  [reply]  Greek Type Designers?

Your first stop for inquiries by designer's country of origin should be Luc Devroye's pages:

http://luc.devroye.org/greek.html

Zan00 said  
Technical Legal Questions Regarding Font Modification

Say I use a Font that doesn't have permission to be used commercially, and in some cases has to be paid for or isn't available at all.

Say I put them in a Vector software and convert it to curves and modify the font heavily where it's no longer recognizable as the original font, does the new font count as my creation even though I'm working off of the base of the original one that isn't mine?

And at what point is there enough modification to count it exclusively as your own creation? What if you create a font from scratch using a font creation software and by some small slim chance, someone out there has a font a bit similar to yours? What then?

Thanks.

You don't ever have the right to modify the vectors in someone else' font to create a new one of your own, no matter how different yours might be. If you want to make your own variation od someone else' font, print and scan text samples, make new vectors, and modify them, but don't alter an existing font.

You can't sprinkle parsley flakes on KFC, and pretend it's your fried chicken recipe. What you're suggesting is legally no different than that.

I love ScanFont 3, from FontLab, but they don't sell it anymore, it doesn't work with Windows Operating Systems more recent than XP, and some windows automatic update from February, 2014 caused it to stop working, so I had to get another computer with XP, that isn't connected to the Internet, to continue my work.

ScanFont 3 has nothing in common with ScanFont 5, currently sold. SF3 is a stand alone .ttf editor. SF5 is a plug-in for FontLab Studio.

My procedure is much different from most other designers. I work with imported monochrome bitmaps. I have several fonr editing programs, but I use ScanFont 3 for almost everything, other than adjustments to vertical metrics, or changing embedding settings.

Aidos said  
extra characters at the end of my font

I downloaded 'Ugly Qua', and I get 'ff' at the end of each line of type. Why is this happening? And is there anything I can do to stop it?

Are you sure that's not a Pilcrow? Do you have paragraph markers enabled in MS Word?

Manfred Klein last answered e-mails in February, 2008. I may have been the recipient of his last e-mail correspondence. He attached a couple of fonts to his reply to me, that were never published on the Internet, and he didn't reply to my follow up.

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:30  [reply]  Font Trubble

datterichexpress said  
Hi there,

I found her on Twitter, and wrote her. In case she does not answer, anyone who can change that Font for me and send it per E-Mail? I have no clue how to to this

Have a nice Day!

No one is going to alter someone else' font for you, Anja. That would be both illegal and unethical.

I can't be the only one who didn't immediately realize that Trubble was the font name, and not just poor spelling of "Trouble". You should put the font name in the text, Anja, rather than just in the subject line. You do have a clue how to do that.

mnewland said  
Wow,

Thank you, for the polite, professional reply. I guess it didn't matter which font it was, just the generic "100% free" designation that was posted. I appreciate the info, thank you very much.

Michael

Michael, just don't assume that a font at DaFont is 100% free, unless specifically designated as such. Many older fonts uploaded by someone other than the designer have no license inmformation, because no one knows the terms of use. Sometimes the author is deceased, or has long since ceased to use the e-mail address shown in documentation.

koeiekat does have a valid point - you should have named the font in question. Many here know specific information about certain fonts or designers. There's no valid reason why you shouldn't have been more specific about the font of which you were discussing. Vague questions prompt vague responses.

mnewland said  
100% free or is there hidden costs or undisclosed charges.

Hi,

The font is listed as "100% free",I am unable to find anything else that says there may be charges if I use the font for business purposes. I am trying to do the right thing, be respectful, and attempt to contact the author. I did leave a comment on the font page for the author, requesting terms and conditions, if they do exist. Any advice? Thanks, Michael in AZ.

100% Free means exactly that. The font author has preauthorized the font for all use. You do not need permission to use it commercially. Sometimes the font designer wants to avoid inquiries like yours, after completing the work, and giving it away, for personal and commercial use. The 100% free designation is used only when the font author uploads their own work, and choses that licensing designation. No fonts on DaFont have the 100% Free designation, unless the font author has specified that as the licensing term, or documentation by the author has explicitly stated that the font is free for all use.

Just use it, and credit the designer somewhere in the commercial use, if you want to acknowledge the type source.

drf_bot, we'll let the Webmaster decide whether he should be unbanned again. You should leave this be for the time being.

He's history. You guys feed Trolls, I don't.

daaams said  

That's legitimately funny, sweeep. Maybe you can give Fred some lessons.

Fontifying said  
Koeiekat, you must be the most pathetic infidel I have ever come across, you are one of those things that has nothing better to do than to play with herself all day instead of helping genuine people who need it. We all started somewhere so where did you start at the top of the game? I would call you a cunt as did Nemtlegen but a cunt is useful & that you are most certainly not. I realize this section of the forum is now 12 months old going by the date on your first reply but I do hope you get this.message and to help if I am not to late. The answer to the question is actually quite simple and easily overlooked when you think of a font as just a font but to install as bulk they must be "True Type Fonts"- ".ttf" or you can't install as bulk. I do hope I'm not to late to help.

Dude, I tell you this only once. Do not EVER resurrect an old thread to start or reignite a flame war. This is your first post here. You might not get the chance to make it to three, if the next thing you say pisses me off. If you want to have your IP address permanently banned, make the wrong choice.

If you had said this to anyone other than koeiekat, your ass would already be history.

~bobistheowl

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Feb 12, 2015 at 20:39 by drf_bot

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:29  [reply]  Font request for a tattoo :x

Ummmm.... do you think you two boys could flirt with each other by private message instead?

@ yuyamarino: This is something that's going to be on your wrist forever, or until you have it painfully removed. It's best that you chose your own. You don't want to be wearing someone else' choice on your skin.

All times are CEST. The time is now 02:03

Ad by badtown
Privacy Policy  -  Contact