Forum

24 posts

Installing multiple fonts at the same time?

Feb 17, 2013 at 14:01

Hello!
I know many posts have been created on this subject, but I didn't find my answer... I have downloaded a bunch of new fonts and as there are many of them i want to install them on windows 7 all at the same time. And I can't even install the whole font family at once. I've tried selecting all of them and dragging them into font file in control panel. I've tried copy and then paste in control panel (the option for paste is disabled). I've tried right clicking on them but if there is more than one selected it wont give me the install option that i get when i right clik on just one font. And nothing happens. So: is there a way to install multiple fonts at the same time in windows 7?

Feb 17, 2013 at 16:00

When you were playing the game by the rules instead of bending the rules you would never have had to ask this question.
So for once and for all for those who are convinced that they know better, you don't. You just told yourself that you know better.
Anyway, this is how it is done: Go to the barn and get yourself a sledge hammer. Back at your PC hit the Windows Start key with the sledgehammer. Now go to the optician and get yourself some reading glasses. Back home use those reading glasses to find the phrase Help and Support in the start menu. Use the sledgehammer to hit that phrase. The help page will open. Type fonts in the search box. On the following page hit Installing a font.

This was the easy bit. Now things become complicated. You must now follow the instructions. That is difficult because you know better but you'll have to. Live sucks, alas. But it also gas a good side. Once followed the instructions to the letter you will have installed multiple fonts in only one go. Not easy and and very frustrating as you couldn't do it your way but you did it. Bravo!

Feb 17, 2013 at 16:27

Look, thank you for the sarcasm... I have viewed the instructions for installing a font and it only describes how to install a single font : "To install a font: Right-click the font you want to install and click Install.Tip: You can also install a font by dragging it into Fonts in Control Panel."

How did you not get may question!? Obviously these instructions don't work when i have multiple fonts selected. Is there a way for more fonts to be installed simultaneously in windows 7? Or there really is no way and is that what you were referring in your (too)delicate sarcastically formed reply?
just...thank you if you can summon you kindness in a normal answer as one person helping other person.

Feb 17, 2013 at 16:41

Filter the - deserved - sarcasm out and read.

Aug 07, 2013 at 01:10

The sarcastic answers was an unfriendly waste of time, electrons and heartbeats.

Easier to say "Select multiple files. Rt-click and select install".

Mar 07, 2014 at 18:38

Wow, what an asshole.

Jun 30, 2014 at 19:06

What? You found an asshole on an internet forum? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say

Edited on Jun 30, 2014 at 19:11 by pixelologist

Jun 30, 2014 at 22:29

Yep, hard to find. Much harder than those who don't have a clue of how to use their OS. Dragging a zip to their windows/fonts directory because they have no idea that they downloaded a compressed file instead of a font file.
Hey, I don't need to know the extension, whatever an extension may be.
And then, unable to rationalize and incapable of living with irony or a touch of sarcasm, they are upset that dumbos are treated as dumbos.

That's live

Jul 12, 2014 at 19:21

You're the most pathetic keyboard warrior I've ever seen: not only are you a pretentious, smug cunt, you're also convinced that you're way better that others just because of a stupid fucking question and you feel "intelligent" enough to belittle them for unknown reasons (probably because your life sucks dicks and you're unsatisfied with it). May god have mercy on your pathetic joke of an existence.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jul 12, 2014 at 19:22 by Nemtlegen

Jul 12, 2014 at 20:20

Feb 12, 2015 at 00:57

Koeiekat, you must be the most pathetic infidel I have ever come across, you are one of those things that has nothing better to do than to play with herself all day instead of helping genuine people who need it. We all started somewhere so where did you start at the top of the game? I would call you a cunt as did Nemtlegen but a cunt is useful & that you are most certainly not. I realize this section of the forum is now 12 months old going by the date on your first reply but I do hope you get this.message and to help if I am not to late. The answer to the question is actually quite simple and easily overlooked when you think of a font as just a font but to install as bulk they must be "True Type Fonts"- ".ttf" or you can't install as bulk. I do hope I'm not to late to help.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:11

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:37

Fontifying said  
Koeiekat, you must be the most pathetic infidel I have ever come across, you are one of those things that has nothing better to do than to play with herself all day instead of helping genuine people who need it. We all started somewhere so where did you start at the top of the game? I would call you a cunt as did Nemtlegen but a cunt is useful & that you are most certainly not. I realize this section of the forum is now 12 months old going by the date on your first reply but I do hope you get this.message and to help if I am not to late. The answer to the question is actually quite simple and easily overlooked when you think of a font as just a font but to install as bulk they must be "True Type Fonts"- ".ttf" or you can't install as bulk. I do hope I'm not to late to help.

Dude, I tell you this only once. Do not EVER resurrect an old thread to start or reignite a flame war. This is your first post here. You might not get the chance to make it to three, if the next thing you say pisses me off. If you want to have your IP address permanently banned, make the wrong choice.

If you had said this to anyone other than koeiekat, your ass would already be history.

~bobistheowl

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Feb 12, 2015 at 20:39 by drf_bot

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:45

That's legitimately funny, sweeep. Maybe you can give Fred some lessons.

Feb 12, 2015 at 13:02

Feb 12, 2015 at 13:05

metaphasebrothel said  
Dude, I tell you this only once. Do not EVER resurrect an old thread to start or reignite a flame war. This is your first post here. You might not get the chance to make it to three, if the next thing you say pisses me off. If you want to have your IP address permanently banned, make the wrong choice.

If you had said this to anyone other than koeiekat, your ass would already be history.

~bobistheowl

Wow, someone didn't get his cereal today.

Edited on Feb 12, 2015 at 20:39 by drf_bot

Feb 12, 2015 at 18:36

Get a life, do you really think I would use my correct ISP address. I am so scared & I'm not even going to consider conversing with children so don't bother replying as I won't give your tiny egotistical mind the satisfaction.

Feb 12, 2015 at 19:40

Cardiff (Carmarthen?), UK.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Feb 12, 2015 at 20:10 by koeiekat

Feb 12, 2015 at 19:47

He's history. You guys feed Trolls, I don't.

Feb 12, 2015 at 19:48

No he is not, and you should eat your cereal and calm down now. You don't make the rules here, so back off.

Edited on Feb 12, 2015 at 19:49 by drf_bot

All times are CEST. The time is now 07:57

Privacy Policy  -  Contact