Ok, so I've just downloaded a few different fonts off here, and suddenly if I go to put an apostrophe or something it will automatically change the font to times new roman so I figured it was because the font I installed didn't have an apostrophe.. then I've tried to print a font, and on print preview it's all there but when I print there's only one letter?! Is it some sort of virus? Also one font kind of replaced about 20 so i deleted that but it's still all messed up. Help please! :(
, we can't really help you, until you tell us which font(s)s are affected, and the application in which you are using it/them.
The part about the printing problem probably relates to the embedding settings, as determined by the designer. That's what "Free for Personal Use" means, in many cases. Not 'buying a license is optional, and on an honour system
', but actual restrictions built into the font, which allow you to see it in use before deciding if you want to buy a commercial license, but not being able to print, without having first purchased one.
Most of the demo fonts from The Scriptorium
have those restrictions, and many others, I'm sure. Depending on the software used to make a font, the default setting for embedding instructions can be different, as well. For some fonts, the designer may, in fact, not know which settings they have used.
Edited on Feb 10, 2013 at 17:04 by metaphasebrothel
I tried to print the font 'bloody_impact' and it comes up on print preview but when i print it, only one letter comes out...but on the file that I downloaded it there was only the font in it. No license or readme file so I don't know if that is why. I'll try to print another font and see, thank you by the way x
All times are CEST. The time is now 14:43