Forum

8 posts

Looking to purchase this font, but can't find it for sale anywhere

Jan 31, 2013 at 22:41

I saw this font listed as "Avant_didot" but cannot find it on the web or for sale anywhere.
Does anyone know the author or where I might purchase it? Any input appreciated. Thank you!

Edited on Jan 31, 2013 at 22:45 by rocamaco

Jan 31, 2013 at 22:44

I think that the font name might be mispelled... Try some other spellings...

Jan 31, 2013 at 23:00

Linotype Didot. Mix of Italic and Roman. Modified NT.

Feb 02, 2013 at 11:29

I had a look at Linotype Didot and I do not seem to see those Avant Garde style in there. Maybe I looked at the wrong font but I did not see them there.

Alternates and ligatures of Avant Garde done in the style of a Didone is very nice.

Feb 02, 2013 at 14:01

Looks like the image originated here http://www.flickr.com/photos/smashtokyo/3230677893/in/photostream

I am very definite that this is not Linotype Didot. I checked MyFonts several times and did not find the alternates in the font's character set.

If this does not exist as a digital font, I am very open to the idea of creating a font based on Avant Garde done in Didone style. Or adapt the Avant Garde styled alternates and ligatures to my version of CBS Didot -- http://abfonts.freehostia.com/k22-aking-didot.htm <shameless plug>

Love the concept. I like Avant Garde, I like Didot.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Feb 02, 2013 at 15:50 by toto@k22

Feb 02, 2013 at 18:53

Hi toto, sorry for the confusion. Did not mean it is the Linotype Didot, it was a mere suggestion of how it could be made. Mixing the Italic and the Roman and playing a bit with N and T.
As you say, tempting to make something like that. As it is your idea I'll happily leave it to you.

Edited on Feb 03, 2013 at 13:54 by koeiekat

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:23

make it. super sexy.

Feb 03, 2013 at 10:23

Sorry about that, too, koeiekat. I didn't read between the lines. It just got me excited that I went looking for Linotype Didot and when I didn't find the exact glyphs at MyFonts, I was kind of disappointed. But you are right, Didot LT Italic can pass as a replacement for A and V, give or take a few degrees of slant.

Anyway, I will ask around first if that isn't a digital font. I have hi-res specimens of several weights of Lubalin Graph. The alternates and ligatures there are the same as those in Avant Garde except that Lubalin Graph does not have the FR and LL ligatures.

All times are CEST. The time is now 11:16

Privacy Policy  -  Contact