Ad by fukur

Forum

11 posts

Windows 8

Jan 15, 2013 at 23:08

I have Windows 8 (obviously) and I don't see a fonts folder. Does anyone have any help?? Please I love these fonts!

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:38

What font folder are you talking about?
First of all, you don't have to find the font folder to use the fonts. Just install them. (Once you download the font[s], go to your downloads folder. Right click the font, and click install. Presto. You can use it now in softwares!)

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:45

ok thank you

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:49

malvolio said  
What font folder are you talking about?
First of all, you don't have to find the font folder to use the fonts. Just install them. (Once you download the font[s], go to your downloads folder. Right click the font, and click install. Presto. You can use it now in softwares!)

yeah, it's still not working...

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:20

Are you sure you installed it?

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:28

yes

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:10

Did you extract the font(s) from the .zip files before trying to install them?

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:42

How do you do exactly to install ?

Jan 16, 2013 at 22:30

I don't know how to extract the zip files, I tried to, any directions to do that?

When you open the font, there's an install button at the top

Jan 17, 2013 at 05:57

XxHestiaxX said  
I don't know how to extract the zip files, I tried to, any directions to do that?

When you open the font, there's an install button at the top

XxHestiaxX, a .zip file is a compressed archive containing one or my files. Its file size is smaller than the size(s) of the file(s) contained inside.

If you're going on a vacation, you might sit on top of a suitcase to compress the contents. A .zip file is similar to that.

When you download a file from Dafont, does the icon for the file look like three books, with a belt around them, or like a file folder with a zipper on it, or something else? If it looks like the folder with a zipper, right-click the file, and select "Extract" from the menu. This will open a dialog box, with simple instructions on how to get the files out of the .zip into a folder, usually within the same folder where the .zip file is located. The contents of a .zip file downloaded from Dafont will be a .ttf or .otf font file, and often a 'read me' text document, and sometimes some additional files, (.pdf, image file, etc.). You install the extracted .ttf or .otf file, and none of the others.

If the icon looks like three books, double click the icon, and a Window will open, with Extract as one of the options. Select Extract, and click "Ok". The files that were in the .zip should then appear in a folder that has the same name as the .zip file. Install the .ttf or .otf file that's inside the folder.

~bito

Jan 17, 2013 at 21:45

Okay thanks you

All times are CEST. The time is now 02:05

Privacy Policy  -  Contact