Forum

52 posts

Tops/bottoms of fonts being cut off. How can I correct this?

Mar 12, 2011 at 23:22

Hello, I am having a challenge. I downloaded a lovely font with lots of extra scrolly bits. The problem is that anywhere they extend above/below the actual letters they are being cut off. Does anyone know how I can correct for this? I wrote the author but did not receive a response.

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2011 at 08:19

Ascenders and decenders are not set correctly.

Edited on Mar 13, 2011 at 08:19 by koeiekat

Mar 13, 2011 at 17:42

I see. I am very new to this so please pardon my ignorance here. Is that something I can adjust, or was it something the author didn't format correctly?

Thank you so much!

Mar 13, 2011 at 17:51

Ok, I did a little research. It looks like there is nothing I can do to correct for this if the author hasn't got the settings right. That is such a bummer! :^(

Mar 13, 2011 at 18:22

With any font editor you can correct this in the metrics dialog box.

Mar 13, 2011 at 20:47

Slouis > Which fonts did you see that are having that problem? You can feel free to email me a copy of them and I'll fix the ascender/descender issues as soon as I get a chance.

Mar 13, 2011 at 20:55

@Jaynz
slouis has been carefully hiding this info. Had it not, the problem would have been solved long ago. So why bother?

Mar 13, 2011 at 23:55

Jaynz said  
Slouis > Which fonts did you see that are having that problem? You can feel free to email me a copy of them and I'll fix the ascender/descender issues as soon as I get a chance.

It is the "Inked God" font, here on the site, as well as others. I emailed the author himself, but got no response. I would be grateful if you could correct this font for me. Thank you!

Mar 13, 2011 at 23:57

koeiekat said  
@Jaynz
slouis has been carefully hiding this info. Had it not, the problem would have been solved long ago. So why bother?

Wow... That's kind of harsh.

Mar 14, 2011 at 03:00

... and kind of true ...

Mar 14, 2011 at 03:50

Koeiekat... At first I was offended at your responses. But after reading a few other posts in this forum I see that you are petty and small minded (probably 15 years old) with a very high opinion of yourself which you boost by belittling others here (and who knows what other forums) with your rude comments. You must be a very lonely person. Have a nice day big spanish boy.

Mar 14, 2011 at 09:23

What software are you using with this font ?
If it's a text editor, try to increase the size of interline.

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:16

mumble ... Shanda, had your first question been "Hello, I am having a challenge. I downloaded the Inked God font with lots of extra scrolly bits. The problem is that anywhere they extend above/below the actual letters they are being cut off. Does anyone know how I can correct for this?" my first answer would have been the same, plus 'check your mail', as at the same time I would have sent you a corrected version. A one minute job.
But you didn't. Instead, as too many on this forum, you exclude the essential info - thus keeping the subject abstract - and make it impossible for us to see how to solve the problem. If you feel offended that is a pity. But we get a bit frustrated about these vague questions ... mumble

Mar 14, 2011 at 14:48

Menhir said  
What software are you using with this font ?
If it's a text editor, try to increase the size of interline.

Hi Menhir, Originally I was working with it in MS Word/Publisher. Now, in Corel Draw it seems to be displaying just fine, but I'd still like to be able to use it in a regular word processor, as well. I've tried adjusting the spacing, but to no avail. Looks like it needs to be adjusted in the font itself. Can you recommend a good text editor for a new user like myself? Thank you so much.

Mar 14, 2011 at 15:03

I've tried with "Ink God" on Word with a single interline (sorry, I'm not sur of the anglish termes of Word, my Word is in french).
I've no problem with this font. Above and bellow show well with a single (normal) interline, even with upercases.

What's thé "spacing" you speak about ? The horizontal distance of the lettres or vertical distance between tow lines ? I think you're problem with the parameters of your Word : interline, borders or someting like this.

Mar 14, 2011 at 15:34

Nope Menhir.
It has nothing to do with line-spacing. It has to do with how certain programs handle fonts. Some are very strict with the Ascender sand Decenders, some vector based programs ignore them. The 2008 version of Inked God has the Ascenders and Decenders completely wrong. As wrong as can possibly be! Yet, and here is the good news, as from today a new release showed up here at Dafont. This one has the Ascenders and Decenders correctly set - more or less.

Mar 14, 2011 at 17:33

Menhir said  
I've tried with "Ink God" on Word with a single interline (sorry, I'm not sur of the anglish termes of Word, my Word is in french).
I've no problem with this font. Above and bellow show well with a single (normal) interline, even with upercases.

What's thé "spacing" you speak about ? The horizontal distance of the lettres or vertical distance between tow lines ? I think you're problem with the parameters of your Word : interline, borders or someting like this.

Thank you, Menhir. Someone here has very kindly corrected the issue, notified me of the updated font, and all is working as it should be. I appreciate your interest in helping. Have a lovely day!

Mar 16, 2011 at 23:28

If you have $10 to spare you could also get the Pro version - this has correctly set Ascenders/Descenders AND swirls on ALL uppercase letters
http://www.cheapprofonts.com/Inked_God_Pro
(Gyom Séguin receives royalties from all sales)

Mar 17, 2011 at 01:00

Mar 17, 2011 at 20:25

Thank you, Roger. I went straight to the site and bought the pro version. I love it, thank you so much!

All times are CET. The time is now 14:46

Privacy Policy  -  Contact