2 posts

Glowing text

Mar 09, 2011 at 19:28

Does anyone know if this glowing text is actually a font or a photoshop effect? I've been seeing this same glowing font in several different places. If this is an effect, can someone refer me to a forum that might be able to help me achieve this effect?

Uploaded with

Edited on Mar 09, 2011 at 19:56 by Rodolphe

Mar 09, 2011 at 19:42

That's most likely a photoshop effect.
You should look under "Layer Styles" Most likely, Outer Glow, Inner Glow -to achieve that white text, then have the Outer glow with the color.

Or, if you're using "The Gimp" It'd be under the filters - Alpha to logo - and If I remember correctly.. Alien Glow
I made that in Gimp
I put in my text, Duplicated the Text layer and changed the text color to white.
then, On the bottom text layer, I did Filters>Alpha To Logo>Alien Glow
I chose a blueish color, then hit okay
Once it was done with doing the effect, I took the text layer that the Effect modified,, its some weird black/beveled thing, and deleted it.
then I took the White Text layer, and changed it's blend mode to Grain Merge.

Edited on Mar 09, 2011 at 19:52 by CearRovaski

All times are CET. The time is now 03:18

Ad by vicfieger
Privacy Policy  -  Contact