Ad by Johan_W

Forum

69 posts

Font Request: WB Presentation Script

Feb 04, 2013 at 20:18

Out of curiosity, where and how are you going to use the font if someone is going to make one for you?

Are you going to get paid for that something where you are going to use the font? How much?

Is that something going to be given away for free on a site where you will have to pay a subscription to download something free? How much is the subscription?

If it is going to be given away on a free site, do you display ads on your site? How much are you earning from those ads?

I think you should disclose things like those if you want something that is not easy to do, like a font, to be done for free for you.

Feb 04, 2013 at 21:19

I think he;s just using the font for his own use - like making slideshows about how much he likes Bugs Bunny and all that.

Feb 05, 2013 at 03:07

toto@k22 said  
Out of curiosity, where and how are you going to use the font if someone is going to make one for you?

Are you going to get paid for that something where you are going to use the font? How much?

Is that something going to be given away for free on a site where you will have to pay a subscription to download something free? How much is the subscription?

If it is going to be given away on a free site, do you display ads on your site? How much are you earning from those ads?

I think you should disclose things like those if you want something that is not easy to do, like a font, to be done for free for you.

I may be crazy, but I don't give up.

Too bad there isn't a lock option on this forum. If there was, this would have ended quickly. ^^;

Edited on Feb 05, 2013 at 03:09 by LooneyTunerIan

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:40

Would anyone else like to try?

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:12

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:40

But why the fuck don't you try by yourself? It won't hurt you to try! You may "gain some new skills"... So fucking AWESOME, isn't it?

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:55

Feb 07, 2013 at 19:15

I still use Micrografx Picture Publisher. Version 6. My suggestion to LooneyTunerIan was and is the same, try making the font yourself. So much effort has gone into making the font guide already...

Feb 07, 2013 at 21:28

Hi Nymph nice to see you back. Have used Picture Publisher myself for years. A great application then

Feb 08, 2013 at 03:03

Hi koeiekat, yeah they made some decent stuff. Their designer program, (I forget the name of it, maybe it was called Designer? I dunno) was comparable to AI. Too bad the software line has been discontinued, I preferred it over Adobe's products.

Feb 08, 2013 at 04:53

@LooneyTunerIan - Don't know if you have seen this font yet or not ... http://www.dafont.com/thats-font-folks.font

Feb 08, 2013 at 22:19

He has, he's even commented on it, but he wants the other script. Not sure why, but he does.

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:05

The reason why because I neede the font style for presents to help me type it out without the line borders needed.

The problem is... not to be offensive, but... most of the people here are just plain rude and stuck-up snobby about letting people who request fonts to make the font themselves rather than just request for it to be made.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Feb 12, 2013 at 01:07 by LooneyTunerIan

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:31

Another contestant for "idiot of the year", 2013 is gonna be a good year

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:00

You're more stubborn than a donkey. THERE IS NO SUCH THING IN THIS FORUM AS FONT MAKING REQUESTS. period. You invented it, and nobody wants to do it because :
1/ it's a shitty project and you're the only one interested
2/ the "guide" you made is just shitty screen captures of 6 letters and the rest is ripped from another font
3/ making font is time consuming and you won't give a dime
So stop complaining. We're letting this thread open in case someone, one day, may possibly consider doing this font! You should be thankful for that instead of whining all the time

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:05

Why am I even trying to explain it again? Why do I bother after all? I'm done. I hate people who doesn't have enough curiosity to try something by themselves and wait complaining about the unfair life they're living ...
You know what? Let's be unfair for real. Let's kick him out and erase his thread...

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:12

"Oh that tempting button" Copyright Koeiekat

Feb 12, 2013 at 19:20

FYI, I did create a font by myself.

It was called "Times New Warner"

I made it by recycling claudeserieux's beta font for a kick start and then used some of the Casad-DemiBold's letters, numbers and symbols to help finish it.

So, in a strange sort of way, as you would put it, I did made a font. I just recycled.

The trouble was that I tried to upload it to this site, but... no replies.

I've been trying to send it to this site every once in a while.

BTW, if anyone wants to run any complaints towards me, there's a little something you forgotten to do: PM (Personal Message). That's much easier than replying in this thread now, isn't it?

Feb 12, 2013 at 19:41

LooneyTunerIan said  
FYI, I did create a font by myself.

It was called "Times New Warner"

I made it by recycling claudeserieux's beta font for a kick start and then used some of the Casad-DemiBold's letters, numbers and symbols to help finish it.

So, in a strange sort of way, as you would put it, I did made a font. I just recycled. The trouble was that I tried to upload it to this site, but... no replies.

I've been trying to send it to this site every once in a while....

So you did not make a font. You stole characters from existing fonts and made a mixture. That is not acceptable. Ergo your mixture was and will not be accepted.

LooneyTunerIan said  
BTW, if anyone wants to run any complaints towards me, there's a little something you forgotten to do: PM (Personal Message). That's much easier than replying in this thread now, isn't it?

In public is much more fun. Here, in public, you can demonstrate your ignorance and stupidity to the limit so that everyone can enjoy it

Feb 12, 2013 at 19:44

Well, you know what?

I'm going with vinz's idea, but in question form.

How do you delete forum threads like this one?

All times are CET. The time is now 20:55

Privacy Policy  -  Contact