Forum

6 posts

licensing restrictions.

Feb 27, 2011 at 19:57

Whenever im done with my work and i want to save it, a window pops out and says that my fonts will not be visible due to licensing restrictions. why is that so? and what can i do abt it?

Edited on Feb 27, 2011 at 19:57 by Sulaimanstinson

Feb 27, 2011 at 21:39

Do you use Microsoft Office ?

Feb 28, 2011 at 00:13

Sulaimanstinson said  
licensing restrictions.

Whenever im done with my work and i want to save it, a window pops out and says that my fonts will not be visible due to licensing restrictions. why is that so? and what can i do abt it?

Happens when embedding is not allowed and you've set saving with embedding the font.

Mar 01, 2011 at 18:31

so how exactly do i prevent it from happening?

Mar 01, 2011 at 20:42

Short answer, use a different font that allows you to embed it.

Long answer, get a proper license for using that font. Use THAT version of the font in your document to allow for embedding, and be sure to follow your licensing contract.

Mar 03, 2011 at 10:48

Embedding is an issue with fonts. All the fonts on dafont.com are freely downloadable and it's up to the person downloading them to actually make a donation. I have a LOT of downloads, but not too many donations. Therefore (speaking for myself obviously) my fonts are 'closed' and I currently don't allow embedding. If people want to embed, they can contact me, make a donation, then get the embeddable font. It's a protection of sorts!
I guess a lot of creators here do the same thing.

All times are CET. The time is now 15:15

Ad by helloadit
Privacy Policy  -  Contact