Forum

21 posts

Quel est la police utilisée dans ce titre ?

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:41

Bonjour !

Je voudrai savoir quel est la police utilisé dans le titre "Rosario + Vampire" dans l'image que vous avez.

Je vous remercie d'avance pour vos réponse !

Cordialement,

Kyousuke

P.S.: Retenez bien mon nom, vous allez le voir souvent ces temps-ci xD

Quel est la police utilisée dans ce titre ?

Jul 12, 2010 at 00:02

Personne ?

Jul 12, 2010 at 00:37

Can someone translate this please? What has the police to do with this?

Jul 12, 2010 at 00:41

police means font in french.
Kyousuke's asking the name of the font used in the title of this book

Jul 12, 2010 at 01:07

Yes, I'm sorry =P
Thank you daaams ^^

Jul 12, 2010 at 06:31

police is French for font?

wacky.

Jul 12, 2010 at 09:08

So FontFont is the font police?

Jul 12, 2010 at 09:35

nope fontfont is policepolice

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:56

pity, thought I finally located the font police. alas ...

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:58

Yes, I search the font of the title Rosario + Vampire but I don't find.
So, I ask what's the name of the font use in the title ?

Jul 13, 2010 at 19:03

The Topic closed

Jul 13, 2010 at 21:53

Why ?
You found it and don't want us to know what it is ?

:(

Jul 13, 2010 at 23:00

No patience or maybe a bit upset about the police brutality ... who knows. Or maybe she doesn't understand that it takes time to dig tens of thousands of fonts to try to find that thingie.
Anyway, I have looked at some 30.000 now to find it with no result. More than that number to go ... but not anymore I understand.

Jul 13, 2010 at 23:03

I wanted to make a banner with the font of Rosario + Vampire in the title but I found another method to make my banner
Thank you !

Jul 14, 2010 at 00:15

OK Kyousuke. It was just the confusion about the police ... If you name a typeface 'police' how do you name an allcaps? Marines? Special Forces? ...

Jul 14, 2010 at 09:48

Kat, here is the explanation about "police" try to google translate : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_de_caract%C3%A8res

Especially this paragraph (if anyone feels like translating it...):
À propos du terme

À l’origine, ce terme désigne la liste du contenu d’une casse de caractère à l’époque du plomb. On décrivait ainsi le nombre de caractères par signe, par exemple 500 « e », 400 « s », etc.

Il est fréquemment confondu avec le terme « fonte » qui désigne l’ensemble des caractères correspondant aux mêmes caractéristiques de corps, graisse et italique au sein d’une même police. Par exemple :

* Garamond est une police de caractères ;
* le Garamond romain gras 12 points est une fonte.

Cette confusion remonte à l’époque du plomb, où un caractère était le dessin particulier d’un alphabet, une fonte était la manifestation de ce dessin en tant que caractères d’imprimerie en métal et une police listait le nombre de ces caractères. Un imprimeur voulant utiliser le caractère Garamond commandait un jeu de fontes Garamond pour chaque corps désiré, ce jeu étant défini par une police.

Puisque les alphabets sont désormais stockés sous forme numérique, ils peuvent être redimensionnés à loisir et ne sont jamais à court de lettres. Les termes fonte et caractère sont dès lors devenus interchangeables. On aura donc tendance à choisir un caractère donné pour composer du texte, dont on installera la fonte ou la police sur son ordinateur.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:26

koeiekat said  
OK Kyousuke. It was just the confusion about the police ... If you name a typeface 'police' how do you name an allcaps? Marines? Special Forces? ...

It's times like these when I don't not like you.

Jul 14, 2010 at 13:15

@ Vinz
When I was still young and ignorant I used this definition: 'a font is a size of a face of a type'.

@ Jason
'don't not' ... double negative, like -1 times -1

Jul 14, 2010 at 16:53

Yes, I know... I was coding my response:

"It's times like these when I don't not like you."

Means, it's times like these when I don't hate you.

Jul 14, 2010 at 21:16

vinz said  
Kat, here is the explanation about "police" try to google translate : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_de_caract%C3%A8res

Instead of translating, use en.wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typeface

Police is a Typeface
a typeface is a set of one or more fonts, in one or more sizes,...

All times are CEST. The time is now 01:43

Privacy Policy  -  Contact