Forum

12 posts

Printing fonts from an email to self with another printer

Jul 17, 2012 at 03:54

I have a MacBook Pro 0SX and I tried to email a page of sample fonts to print for my work area. When the email was opened the styles had all been changed to a font similar to Helvetica (very generic). Does anyone know how to safe the font styles to print?

Edited on Jul 17, 2012 at 03:55 by strebbne

Jul 17, 2012 at 08:40

1- You can send the Font file linked to your e-mail for you recipiant install it.

2- You use Arial (very close than Helvetica) and you'll be sure that your recipiant have it.

3 - If it's juste a short sentence, you do an bitmap image.

Jul 17, 2012 at 09:21

Well, "email a page of sample fonts" is a little bit vague, could you be more specific ?

Jul 17, 2012 at 19:07

Vague? Well, I just want the name of the font and a couple of words on a piece of paper so that I can choose which font to draw on wooden beach signs I'm making for a friends store. Therefore, I have about 14 samples of different fonts that I would like to choose from. I don't own a printer so I just made up a page of the sample fonts and emailed it to myself to pick up at my local library to print. When I opened it, the fonts were all the same (Helvetica?).

Jul 17, 2012 at 19:55

Yes, vague, sorry. You made a "page" : html ? Word document ? Maybe something else ?

Best advice is from Menhir, use images, like screenshots. No embedding issues then.

Jul 18, 2012 at 08:44

Thanks to both of you. A screen shot? Like a picture of it? I made the document with Text Edit and then saved it as a pdf. I know there are a few other ways I could save it though. Could you suggest one that might work? What is a screen shot?

Jul 18, 2012 at 09:05

drf_ said  
Best advice is from Menhir, use images, like screenshots. No embedding issues then.

Use a graphic editor (like Photo Shop, Paint Shop, Photo Editor or Windows/Mac Paint) will be beser than a screenshoot.

strebbne said  
I made the document with Text Edit and then saved it as a pdf.

It's a good possibility.

Jul 18, 2012 at 09:21

You must embed the used fonts in the pdf. If not and the fonts are not installed on the receiving machine the pdf reader on the receiving machine can not show the doc with the fonts used and will substitute the fonts by the default fall-back fonts, serif or sans.

Edited on Jul 18, 2012 at 13:38 by koeiekat

Jul 18, 2012 at 22:40

Okay. Thank you everyone. Another way I could probably do it is just to save the file as a pdf and copy it onto a key and bring it to an office place to print. Do you think I would run into the same problem of them opening it and it all being the same font?

Jul 18, 2012 at 22:55

Try to read.

Jul 19, 2012 at 09:20

koeiekat said  
You must embed the used fonts in the pdf. If not and the fonts are not installed on the receiving machine the pdf reader on the receiving machine can not show the doc with the fonts used and will substitute the fonts by the default fall-back fonts, serif or sans.

Everything is said here...

Jul 19, 2012 at 09:36

Normaly, when you create a PDF, if you don't use a standard font, it record the the font that's included in the PDF file.

With advanced software like Acrobate Pro, you can choise, for each font, if you want include it or not in the PDF and, if yes, if you want include the full font or only the used letters.

After the creation of your PDF, open it with Acrobate reader and look at File > Proprieties... > Fonts.
You will see the status of all the fonts of your document.

Edited on Jul 19, 2012 at 09:40 by Menhir

All times are CET. The time is now 12:05

Privacy Policy  -  Contact