Ad by youngtype

Forum

8 posts

FHWA Series D-like Font for Cherokee

Jul 14, 2012 at 21:30

I'm looking for a designer for a Unicode compliant Cherokee font that would resemble FHWA Series D. Most fonts out there are heavily serifed and I can provide a sample of handwriting which is generally rather similar to how I'd want it to look. For some of the letters you could honestly just borrow D, R, T, S, J, E, W, G, M, H, O, Z, U, and K from the Latin set of FHWA Series D for several characters.

If you build off an existing FHWA font the number of new characters would be from 85-86 (85 letters of Cherokee and an interpunct depending on wether or not it's already encoded).

Thanks

Jul 14, 2012 at 23:49

Whatever a FHWA may be. Edible? If nor edible, what can possibly be the use of it?

Jul 14, 2012 at 23:51

Federal Highway Administration Font. It's usually used for road signs in the United States but it's a good Sans Serif that could be used for any number of situations.

Jul 14, 2012 at 23:54

Have a look at the roadgeek series.

Jul 14, 2012 at 23:56

The main issue is it definitely won't have Cherokee language support which is what I need. The current two fonts I've seen (and grown up using) haven't been practical for signage.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:27

What is wrong with the Aboriginal Sans?

Jul 16, 2012 at 00:49

Would you believe that I've been searching for a font like that for years and I've never come across Aboriginal Sans? Thank you so much. This saves me a lot of time, energy, and money

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:41

We have to pick them up.

Caslon Roman with Cherokee :

http://www.fontspace.com/george-williams/caslon

------
N'importe quoi (I mean any thing.)

Edited on Jul 16, 2012 at 01:43 by claudeserieux

All times are CET. The time is now 06:01

Privacy Policy  -  Contact