Ad by Chaplin

Forum

7 posts

"free for personal use" - usable?

Dec 30, 2010 at 21:52

I'd like to use a font that states "Free For Personal Use" for a national contest, am I allowed to use it?

Dec 31, 2010 at 02:03

There's almost always a txt file in the download that will give you information as to what the author considers personal use and also what is required for commercial use.

Dec 31, 2010 at 13:47

@Wyndextor
Why are you carefully avoiding to give some info that might lead to an answer?

Dec 31, 2010 at 14:01

FREE FOR PERSONAL USE (once and for all):

1) You can use it FOR FREE on your computer, write your mother in law a death threat on paper, copy/paste a name tag for your hamster, paint it on a pita-bread, put cheese and tomato on and barbecue the lot, print it out and use it as a wallpaper for your toilet, etc.
2) You should PAY (donation as specified in the ReadMe, fixed price license as specified in the ReadMe, a bottle of beer, a greeting card or a free sex lesson as specified in the ReadMe - note the stress on the README file here) WHEN YOU USE IT COMMERCIALLY. As in: you design bra's, t-shirts, underwear using the font; you print a book, a newspaper, a poster using the font; you invented a beer, a lawnmower, a new car and use the font to market your invention or product; etc..

Any questions?

Sep 26, 2011 at 17:03

I was looking for a font to use in a game.
It will not be commercialized, will be free.
Am I allowed to use a free for personal use font in the text or title parts?

Sep 26, 2011 at 17:31

Did you actually (try to) read this thread and the other twenty five zillion threads on this very same subject?

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:59

LolaFreitas said  
It will not be commercialized, will be free.

Without advertisements or sponsor ?

LolaFreitas said  
Am I allowed to use a free for personal use font in the text or title parts?

Contact the author. It's the ONLY ONE who can say if you use is a "personal use" in its mind.

All times are CET. The time is now 23:29

Privacy Policy  -  Contact