Ad by maxnor

Forum

5 posts

Font sets?

Dec 26, 2011 at 01:58

Hey all,

Merry Xmas!

Anyway I hope I ask this right.

I have a folder called Google Fonts which has about 100 fonts in it all ttf.

What I want to do is install it as a set in windows (7 home premium 64 bit), so when I go to pick a font in lets say word then on the pull down it will have a pick for google fonts then I can scroll down from there and pick my font.

I'd prefer this way then just install the whole bunch then I would have to print them all out I'd rather avoid doing that if I can.

I did download and install a font manager called Nexus Fonts but not sure I can do what I want with that. It does have font set creation but not sure it would install my google fonts like I want to.

I hope I got that across

Thanks

Dec 26, 2011 at 09:36

Under Windows fonts need to be installed in the Windows/Fonts directory before an application can work with the fonts. See

Dec 26, 2011 at 13:16

You can use with every application the fonts managed by the Nexus, I do it all the time under Windows Vista...

Edited on Dec 26, 2011 at 13:17 by rocamaco

Dec 26, 2011 at 20:33

Hi Again

To rocamaco

How would I do that? I installed the fonts through Nexus but the fonts only show along with all the other win fonts. I was hoping for a different section listing the google font set not all fonts.
When I go into word all fonts show including the google fonts but since there is about 100 of them It takes a bit of time to fish through them to find the google fonts. I was hoping for a seperate section on the pull down for the set I created in Nexus.

Thanks

Dec 26, 2011 at 23:10

Hi,

Nexus doesn't install any font, just manage them...

You must to "Add Folder" on "Libraries" menu of Nexus, adding the "Google Fonts" folder you are speaking and eureka the fonts on that folder will be enabled to use in all the compatible softwares...

To be sure you are able to use those fonts, you must have selected that folder on the Nexus...

That's all...

NOTE: I'm not sure about the name of the orders since I have the spanish version...

All times are CEST. The time is now 19:04

Privacy Policy  -  Contact