Forum

5 posts

How much donation we get on an average for the good font?

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:20

Just curious that How much donation we get on an average for the good font?
I am new at Dafont and wanted to know some basic things that can lead me to the next level.

Any suggestion will be really helpful for me. Thank you!

Regards
Manoj

Nov 26, 2016 at 14:28

If you put up a donate button and you do not ask for a specific amount, expect to receive as low as $1.

How about how high it can go? I will leave that up to the experts here.

Nov 26, 2016 at 14:33

Thank you again Toto. you are so kind! ☺

Dec 18, 2016 at 04:00

I put up a crappy one and have so far received zero dollars out of 10,000 downloads.

I'd imagine a good one would easily net 10X that amount

Dec 22, 2016 at 15:25

Don't despair, gsm. The font that brought me the biggest amount only have 1,000 downloads over what your font have. Does the font look good? I do not know but I considered it worthless and named it as such. The thing is people look at things differently. What might look like crap to you might look like a piece of priceless art to others.

My font that received the most number of donations has a ratio of 1 donation for every 3,300 downloads. The overall donation-to-download ratio of my fonts here at Dafont is 1:12,000. I have 11 fonts here that were downloaded 11,000-25,000 times but haven't received any donation. It doesn't matter. The important thing is that you enjoyed it when you did the font. Whatever money that might come your way is just perks.

If ever someone get in touch with you for a commercial license, I hope you will already have an answer. It is better to be prepared than grope for an answer when that time comes.

All times are CEST. The time is now 05:42

Privacy Policy  -  Contact