Ad by fizzlabz

Forum

8 posts

Problems publishing font on dafont "kerning problem" they say...

Sep 07, 2016 at 07:29

Hi all,

I've tried uploading my font (.otf) numerous times but i emailed them and they said it had kerning problems... weird since i personally kerned every letter in fontforge..

(1) typically how long before you'll be notified if your font gets put up?

(2) i emailed the webadmin he said one of the fonts i uploaded had 'kerning error'. I'm not sure how to fix this since i individually kerned almost every character with FontForge. How do i get rid of this seemingly vague 'kerning problem'?

Cheers guys.
Glad if someone who had somewhat of a similar problem could share their experiences..

Edited on Sep 07, 2016 at 08:58 by Lorenzowy

Sep 07, 2016 at 10:10

Well, your first submissions had a problem, because some letters were not kerned properly. It seems like you manage to correct this in your most recent submission. Your new file will be reviewed soon, you don't need to submit it again in the meantime (unless you see other mistakes and would like to correct them of course). There is no general rule when it comes to how much time it takes to review a font, it depends on a lot of factors.

Sep 07, 2016 at 12:54

frd said  
Well, your first submissions had a problem, because some letters were not kerned properly. It seems like you manage to correct this in your most recent submission. Your new file will be reviewed soon, you don't need to submit it again in the meantime (unless you see other mistakes and would like to correct them of course). There is no general rule when it comes to how much time it takes to review a font, it depends on a lot of factors.

ahh thanks. sorry for spamming the submissions.

Sep 07, 2016 at 13:33

Kerning is not done by character but by caracter pair. Did you mean character advance settings (right and left bearings)?

Sep 07, 2016 at 13:35

koeiekat said  
Kerning is not done by character but by caracter pair. Did you mean character advance settings (right and left bearings)?

yep i did every single possible character pair, some done with classes; but whatever i uploaded initially was rejected by dafont.
the only changes i made after was when generating the font to tick the option of "windows compatible kern".

but still when i tested the font with/without this being ticked, i had no problems installing it and using it in microsoft word so i'm unsure as to how the dafont admins are testing the functionality of the font.

Sep 07, 2016 at 13:51

Some pairs were missing in your first submissions, and you changed that. But it seems like some pairs are still missing.

Sep 07, 2016 at 14:04

Provided the character advance settings have been done with care there is no need for kearning pairs for all character combinations, is there?

Sep 08, 2016 at 05:24

hehe thanks all got it published!! =D

Thanks to the admin who had to tirelessly process all my submissions..

All times are CEST. The time is now 14:15

Privacy Policy  -  Contact