Ad by glub

Forum

5 posts

What is the name of the subtitle font of Life Is Strange?

May 23, 2015 at 11:09

What is the name of the subtitle font of Life Is Strange?

Identified font

HelvetiHand  Suggested by Bitpix3l 

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:01

Now, the funny thing about this, is that when I was playing the game I thought, "man, this font looks really familiar... Wait, is this a font that I designed?" Sure enough, after some extensive researching, I found a Github repository for this game(the Japanese version, but still, same-ish source code). After digging around through the repositories files, I found that yes, the subtitles are in fact in Helvetihand! How badass, one of my fonts ends up in a game made by Square. I'm honored. But, here is the kicker... They used Helvetihand Italic for some of the subtitles(like in the screenshot you posted). I never made an italic version. They have my original font file(normal Helvetihand) and an italic version that I suppose someone at Square made themselves and never published? Either way, same font, just italic.
Identified font: HelvetiHand

Nov 08, 2015 at 14:28

Bitpix3l said  
Now, the funny thing about this, is that when I was playing the game I thought, "man, this font looks really familiar... Wait, is this a font that I designed?" Sure enough, after some extensive researching, I found a Github repository for this game(the Japanese version, but still, same-ish source code). After digging around through the repositories files, I found that yes, the subtitles are in fact in Helvetihand! How badass, one of my fonts ends up in a game made by Square. I'm honored. But, here is the kicker... They used Helvetihand Italic for some of the subtitles(like in the screenshot you posted). I never made an italic version. They have my original font file(normal Helvetihand) and an italic version that I suppose someone at Square made themselves and never published? Either way, same font, just italic.

HelvetiHand

Damn that is pretty cool. But why didn't they credit you? I mean atleast they could message you about the use of your font. Anyway That's pretty cool!

Nov 09, 2015 at 06:10

I agree, but I have the font up for free, so I can't complain. Plus, it's really cool to randomly see one of my fonts in action on my TV.

Nov 10, 2015 at 08:47

Never mind, I actually just beat the first chapter, and my name is in the credits under Special Thanks. AWESOME!

All times are CEST. The time is now 12:40

Privacy Policy  -  Contact