Ad by MrFisk

Forum

3 posts

Email Addresses Viewable to Public

Apr 22, 2015 at 23:51

I just searched my username for dafont.com and Google came up with my username and my email address, posted publicly next to a forum post. My email address was viewable to anyone. This directly contradicts dafont's privacy policy, so I did some research and your email address will be shown unless you change your preferences on your profile. So much for forum privacy.

Dafont, please change the automatic setting to NO. Users, please revolt if you find you have the same problem.

http://www.dafont.com/privacy.php

Apr 23, 2015 at 01:20

Not really sure this is a cause for revolt, to be honest… does not the 'lions share' of the fault here lie betwixt the keyboard and the chair back. If you don't want your email address, or any other infos shown about you, isn't it your responsibility to check the settings on your account, rather than just expecting the default settings to suit your personal preferences? It's not exactly rocket surgery, or brain science (insert complicated thing of choice here) to change your settings when you sign up for an account, is it? Agreed, one would prefer an 'opt in', rather than an 'opt out' to having personal infos published on line, especially when an email address is a 'required' field in an account, but we also have a responsibility to check what we are signing up to meets our own preferences, when we open an on line account, don't we? If other users feel the same way, mayhap the staff here will take note and change the default settings, but users can take note and change their own settings, if they feel the same as you do.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:12

As it seems you need someone to hold your dick when you pee, go to your account settings, then "Show my email > No"

All times are CEST. The time is now 22:27

Privacy Policy  -  Contact