Ad by nicogav

Forum

5 posts

summertime font

Jul 27, 2011 at 19:32

I've used summertime font in an Adobe Indesign CS5.5 document. When I make a pdf from Indesign, I'm getting an error that says "This font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions int he font... My question is... is there any kind of work around to his error. The font appears correct in the pdf but does not print correctly. However, the font does print correctly when I print directly from the Indesign file. HELP! PS. this did not happen on my old IMAC.

Jul 27, 2011 at 21:38

The answer is implied in your question. The font does not permit embedding. So, instead of working with the font temporarily installed you, and anyone who needs/wants to read your pdf, needs to have the font permanently installed on his/her machine before opening the file.

Jul 27, 2011 at 22:14

This is a problem with Fontographer.

Edited on Jul 27, 2011 at 23:56 by claudeserieux

Jul 27, 2011 at 23:35

Makes no difference Claude, restricted license embedding no embedding allowed. Default Fontographer setting. So if the author doesn't specifically chooses the embedding settings that is the result. There are only two ways out, permanently install the font on any machine that needs to read the pdf or change the embedding rights in the font before saving the pdf with the font embedded.

Edit kk
By the way, Claude, the otf's are not valid font files.

Edited on Jul 27, 2011 at 23:38 by koeiekat

Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42

koeiekat said  
Makes no difference Claude, restricted license embedding no embedding allowed.
By the way, Claude, the otf's are not valid font files.

Correction

http://cjoint.com/11ju/AGCbNDFQuOi_summer.zip

All times are CEST. The time is now 16:29

Privacy Policy  -  Contact