Forum

4 posts

Need to Embed Fonts in PDF

Aug 06, 2014 at 18:19

Hello,

I need to embed a few fonts in a pdf document that I would like to print in book form at lulu.com for my personal use. They require all fonts to be embedded. I do not have the original document. I have only the pdf file. Moreover, I do not own the fonts referenced. I am authorized to print it. I cannot pay $30 per font. They are type 1 fonts. I need to acquire possibly clone fonts for the following:

helvetica, helvetica-bold, times-bold, times-roman, times-italic

The ghostscript clones cannot install on my xp computer for some reason. However, I can install other valid pfb files on my computer. If I find clones, I will need to rename them in order for distiller to embed them. I'd need help with that. I do not collect fonts. If you can direct me to clones or even the originals for free, I would appreciate it. I am a moral person, but I'd say that $30 per font for fonts I'd use once is a shakedown and is quite immoral. In addition, the commercial fonts now have slightly different names and may not embed without modification anyway. I am so disgusted about this already and I'll say, *uck copyright law--the owners must have made millions on these common fonts. All I want to do is print a document and not get ripped off. This is very important to me. Chris

Aug 06, 2014 at 18:33

You know, going on to a site dominated by font creators, giving us all the middle fingers, assuming we're all rich millionaires out to gouge you, and demanding to be able to pirate fonts because '$30' is just too damn much money for you is NOT likely to endear you to anyone here.

Aug 06, 2014 at 19:43

Chris, how come I don't believe you?

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:20

I have a 50 km ride to do but I don't have car. Just for one way, I don't want to by a car, it's to expensive and I'm sure that the car makers have enough millions. Sonebody can give me one ?

All times are CEST. The time is now 05:12

Privacy Policy  -  Contact