Forum

4 posts

Font for comic title?

Jul 15, 2011 at 16:15

I'm looking for a font to use for a comic title/front page. So far I'm only planning for a webcomic, but further down the line I'm thinking of maybe having it printed as a comic book series.
Nothing's set in stone yet though, but I'm still curious as to what category fonts I may use for that kind of thing. Free? Free for personal use? Shareware? If I end up printing it in books and selling it, would imply it's commercial, or am I wrong? As far as I know commercial could mean just about anything publically shown that you earn money on, but I'm not sure just how strict the rules are.

Well, I guess you guys understand what I'm asking about. I'm just a bit paranoid about doing illegal things without knowing, so I want to make 100% sure my actions are legal before I do them.

(Man, I don't feel that's the best English I've ever written)

Jul 15, 2011 at 17:11

Email to the designer of the font for details.

Example: Badaboom BB is for non-commercial use. Badaboom Pro is pay fonts.

http://www.blambot.com/fonts_sfx.shtml

Jul 20, 2011 at 09:09

To be sure, you must use a free font.
If you use "free for personnal use" or "shareware", contact the author to know exactly what's possible.

Aug 02, 2011 at 17:10

My best advice would be to go to the "Comic" section of the website and then press "More Options" and then set it so only Free and Public Domain fonts are shown. Then select your font of choice and use it for your comic.

All times are CEST. The time is now 11:56

Privacy Policy  -  Contact